+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Higher Resolution in Halo?

TROOPER is on a distinguished road

Higher Resolution in Halo?

Hello everyone i have recently purchased a new 22 inch monitor with a native resolution of 1920x 1080. When i go into the settings in halo the highest resolution is 1600x1200 but it looks zoomed in. Is there any way to bump up the resolution without loosing quality? I have tried using The Fov app and Yelo battery but they dont work with halo version 1.09.

Any help is appreciated

other questions hopefully to be answered:

1. how do you install/use open sauce? found the dll.

2. does open sauce work for pc version as well?

3. So my CE executable is now 1.08 but when i try to change to 1.09 with version changer i cant connect to any servers. some servers show connection timed out.
    Last edited by TROOPER; March 1st, 2010 at 02:49 PM.

InnerGoat killed my dakimakura waifu because I didn't post my desk :( jcap's Avatar
    jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Higher Resolution in Halo?

Add -vidmode 1920,1080,60 (width,height,refresh) to your Halo CE shortcut. If you're having FOV problems, you should revert to 1.08 and use OpenSauce to automatically adjust your FOV, regardless of your custom resolution.

you have to edit your halo shortcut..

"D:\GAMES\Halo CE\haloce.exe" -vidmode 1920,1080,60

add the bold part after like so. (obviously your path will be different but you get the idea)

e: ninja'd by jscrap :/

You're not gonna get widescreen support without yelo, so I highly suggest it. I can't help with the resolution since I'm a noob.

For widescreen support,
    1. Backup the 1.09 haloce.EXE and strings.dll
    2. Uninstall CE 1.09
    3. Reinstall to 1.00
    4. Upgrade to 1.07
    5. Install Yelo Battery
    6. Install Version Changer

This way you can switch between 1.09 and 1.07 with the version changer, and you have the required files for a 1.09 install, all you need to do is drag and drop your backed up files into the root directory. 1.07 has support for most of the cool apps anyway, and in my opinion is the best choice of a version to use

E: Or, as Jcap said, Open Sauce may work too. I've never really used it so I couldn't tell you.

ah thanks for the help guys i will try this stuff out.

InnerGoat killed my dakimakura waifu because I didn't post my desk :( jcap's Avatar
    jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute

OpenSauce (the released dll) is Yelo Battery + more. Also, instead of uninstalling CE, you can download just the haloce.exe and strings.dll files from Patrick's server. He posted the link in another thread, so I'm sure someone else can post it here unless I find it.

i tried the version changer and yelo battery fix and it seams to work now. but now i have to have the cd in to run the game and there are less servers. oh well.

seanthelawn is on a distinguished road

Do what Jcap said with Open Sauce and 1.08 instead of Yelo and 1.07, then you won't need the cd.

Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute Con has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I do. Use 1.08 so you can enjoy OS..

1. how do you install open sauce...

2. does open sauce work for pc version as well?

3. wow thats just great now halo ce doesn't even startup all i get is the halo logo and the ui music... NVM fixed it lol.
    Last edited by TROOPER; March 1st, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information