+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Comprehensive Look at Hard Surface Modeling and Texturing for Video Games:

Hunter is on a distinguished road

Re: [TUT] A Comprehensive Look at Hard Surface Modeling for Video Games:

Really nice tutorial and really nice outcome I actually never knew that you modelled.

You have actually encouraged me to start to model again. About time to learn sub'd modelling and texture baking, if I am going to model Halo shit I might as well do it with some skill instead of stupid low poly remakes that can be done by a monkey...

You should post this on Haloripsmaps, maybe they will actually learn something

Rooster is on a distinguished road

how did you not know? how do you think i made narrows?

Hunter is on a distinguished road

I havn't really paid attention to what has been made and by who recently tbh, or previously as well. So I didn't know it was you who made it lmfao. My bad

I finished the texture tut. should i make a new thread for it?

teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute teh lag has a reputation beyond repute

That's up to you - it might be easier for people to find if it's separate. But, if this is part of a large series, you may want to post it here + edit it into the op + have the thread renamed to note that it's a series. Your call mister other Rooster.

[TUT] A Comprehensive Look at Hard SurfaceTexturing for Video Games

Though the final result isnt as flashy as the last one, I consider this one way better than the last. Rather than just watching me model and make random comment, I have actually organized this into more of a class style lecture. THIS IS AN EXCELLENT TUTORIAL, and nearly as good as any you would find on gnomon.

http://vimeo.com/11100774

In this tutorial, we will go over the theory behind the interactions between materials in the natural world, how to make a metal base texture, adding realistic paint layers, the photoshop pattern tool, and making specular maps.

Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of

Re: [TUT] A Comprehensive Look at Hard SurfaceTexturing for Video Games

Great stuff, briefing skipped through bits, will watch it in full at a later date but yeah great work.

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

Glorious Beacon of Light Disaster's Avatar
    Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute Disaster has a reputation beyond repute

Good Tutorial. Will help a lot of people hopefully. I do suggest adding more contrast to the specular for the metal. I tend to leave the diffuse with little contrast but up the contrast for the specular quite alot.

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

Finally a decent tutorial that might enable me to actually try to texture something!
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

a bit of the old in-out Roostervier's Avatar
    Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute Roostervier has a reputation beyond repute

merged threads and stickied.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information