+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ### FAILED TO OPEN DATA-CACHE FILE.

Mxero00 is on a distinguished road

### FAILED TO OPEN DATA-CACHE FILE.

Halo was working fine. I made some changes to a tag. then when i attempted to compile a map it came up with an error involving a sound file being used by another program. after correcting the error i reattempted to compile the same map and it came up with 3 instances of ### FAILED TO OPEN DATA-CACHE FILE. and claimed it compiled the map with one problem it created a map with the name of the scenario but was 75 mb far bgger than the 25 it should have been. now no matter what map i attempt to compile it comes up with the same error and creating a 75 mb map file, and halo will no longer run. any ideas? my only ideas are trash all my tags and the halo directory and start from scratch.

Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: ### FAILED TO OPEN DATA-CACHE FILE.

Normally that only happens when you try to compile a map while haloce.exe is running, which is using bitmaps/sounds/loc.map so tool can't see if tags are already cached there. It gives up after 3 attempts then just writes all the tags into your map, which is why it's so huge. Making sure there are no instances of haloce running in task manager would be my first guess.

Mxero00 is on a distinguished road

it seems that by using tool++ and hitting run tool twice I currupted the sounds loc and bitmaps tag thus breaking my game. by replacing those tags I seem to have fixed halo, but now the question is whey tool wont compile maps anymore.

Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute

Tool++ is very old, breaks often. Try just using tool.exe, or Tool-EX, which has a nice interface - it's a plugin for HEK+.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information