Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ultra-super-mega-uber-realistic blood effects (and a couple of needler things)

Blog Entries
    Ifafudafi is on a distinguished road

Ultra-super-mega-uber-realistic blood effects (and a couple of needler things)

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.
    (and here's a link in case the player doesn't show up)

ya

Anyway, now that the worst parts of the school year are finally dying down and I'm done grading all the essays, I've had time to resume work on Plasma Pack 3. I've got all the weapon concepts down. Here's what I've got so far:

Needler
    Needles will not penetrate shields and will detonate on impact. It takes 8 needles to pop shields. If you can stick at least 7 needles in an unshielded target, they supercombine, resulting in instant death for the victim.

Effects have changed little since the last thread, but I've got a better post-explosion smoke sequence in.

Which turns into:

Impaler
    Mid/mid-long range weapon with 4X zoom. Launches hitscan speed needles in a very accurate spread (just a little more accurate than the pistol) at 2.5 rounds per second. You need 12 needles to finish a target; five to pop the shields and seven more to whittle down the health. However, it's a headshot weapon, meaning it's a 5sk for good shooters; or, if you can latch in 7 needles before any of them detonate, you'll get an insta-killing supercombine.

The muzzle flash was shown at the relevant blog entry, but since that's down, I've put it here. There's also a shot of the WIP supercombine. I'm still working on what will comprise the core of that one.

Eviscerator
    Mid-range only weapon. Launches 15 fairly slow-moving needles in a very wide cone which then home in on a targer you're aiming at. 1 burst per second. If you're too close, the needles won't home in fast enough to the target and will go around it; if you're too far, they'll detonate before they reach. But if you can nail the range, it's lethal. It takes just under two burst (providing all the needles hit) to kill a guy. Needles will occasionally overpenetrate the target, and will bounce off walls and such.

I haven't made a dedicated effort at the visuals for this one, but the gameplay function is in place.

Yeah expect updates a little more frequently than last time, I want to get this thing done before the end of the month

Re: Ultra-super-mega-uber-realistic blood effects (and a couple of needler things)

ooooo theyre so hi res. they kind of look out of place with the default ce stuff though.

holy jesus those particles look awesome though
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

Re: Ultra-super-mega-uber-realistic blood effects (and a couple of needler things)

Wow, that's just so beautiful. Brought a tear to me eye
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

That's a shitload of blood. Ha, I love it!

Also, nice song.
    Last edited by annihilation; May 12th, 2010 at 09:55 AM.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

Or at least a scholar with bitchin particle effects.
    <-- click it!

+rep me to cure my ebola n00b1n8R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute

I almost died laughing at your video in the middle of a lecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Roostervier View Post
    selentic ill admit i didnt actually watch the video because a majority of your posts are pointless, ad hominem, or ultra-liberal sensationalist bullshit

Blog Entries
    Ifafudafi is on a distinguished road

update

The Needler is finished. Here's a demonstration of its new particles & behavior. The Impaler's also done, except for the fact that it needs a zoom mask (that shouldn't take long.) I'm beginning work on the last weapon's particles.

Make sure to watch in HQ and post if you don't like something about it so I can fix it.

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.
    also link

Blog Entries
    Cagerrin is on a distinguished road

Needler supercombine explosion seems too fast. I half-blinked and missed it the first time.

put smarties tubes on cats' legs make them walk like a robot

InnerGoat killed my dakimakura waifu because I didn't post my desk :( jcap's Avatar
    jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I agree that the explosions are a little too fast. They need to fizzle out more.

Sexy particle effects, I like the motion of the trail on the needles.

Closed Thread

Thread Information