+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unmarked cop draws gun on a traffic violation.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Unmarked cop draws gun on a traffic violation.

Not only should the cop be struck off and possibly even charged himself (as should any cop who feels the need to draw or use a weapon on a nonthreatening person), but those laws need immediate revision. I generally side with the police when there's a big shitfight here (90% of the time some mother who sees her kid for an hour a day is crying that they got shot or tased or otherwise harmed because they ran at the cops with a weapon and clear intent... go figure), but when you can't release a video of a genuine abuse to the public domain, things are pretty bad. I don't know what setup you guys have for investigating screwy police behaviour there; usually I'd go to them before releasing anything, then do it if they just sweep it under the carpet. Either way, he shouldn't be facing any charges and they sure as fuck should not have raided his house.

The worst part is that when you get pricks like these who do abuse your power, everyone just assumes all cops are like this and start doing everything they can to make their jobs as difficult as possible. It's fucking ridiculous.
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

paladin is on a distinguished road

Re: Unmarked cop draws gun on a traffic violation.

maybe the cop saw him when he was going 82 on the interstate. If the speed limit is 60, 22 over is reckless driving (especially on a crouch-rocket). In Wa State thats up to a 5 year prison sentence, loss of license for 3 years, a $5000 fine, and quite possibly a hasty police officer. I'm not saying the officer was right, but the video doesnt show when the cop saw him, just that he pulled up from behind him when he stopped. Theres obviously way more to the story than what can be seen from the helmet cam.
    Last edited by paladin; June 23rd, 2010 at 01:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information