+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Debatable Proposal!

Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute

A Debatable Proposal!

I have found that the following measuring stick for deciding a person's "right" or "left" alignment is currently and utterly useless.

"Fascism on the right, Communism on the Left" means NOTHING that kind of way to rank a politically motivated individual means nothing. I'd rather rank it in the following way: Liberty to the Individual and Power of the state.

Allow the following to demonstrate:

The better question we can ask ourselves is where on that bottom line are we? And why?
    Quote Originally Posted by katherineapplegate

So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A Debatable Proposal!

Trying to classify people as members of any group has long been pointless. I hold some pretty hard left views, but I hold a fair few hard right as well (to use traditional terms). If you just pick one and agree with it without exception, you're probably an idiot. People with any sense at all deal with political issues on a case-by-case basis.
    Take my hand and I'll show you what was and will be

Point of view is on a per-case basis.

You have diabetes and can't eat a cup cake.

Shaka when the walls fell sleepy1212's Avatar
    sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of

I think people are highly predictable, although not 100% of the time. They don't work good for individuals but become more accurate the larger the population considered.

better chart:

(1,0) extreme right
    (0,1) total gov control
    (-1,0) extreme left
    (0,-1) anarchy

"Darwinist faggots who are as despicable as the rest, walking around eating your Triscuits."

Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Point of view is on a per-case basis.
    This isn't about an individual's point of view or even about "Grouping" people- It's about the inaccuracy of current measuring sticks for political lean.

Bush Republicans (Patriot Act, etc) would be placed on the left of that chart, as well as those who support the Healthcare Bill that was passed a few months ago. People who want little government would be nearer to the center, and the G20 protesters would be on the right.

You could add an up or down to the chart, as sleepy seemed to be suggesting but it would be more of a cone. Let me demonstrate:

So you either have complete chaos (anarchy, with no ruling power) or complete control (Tyranny, with all power concentrated to a group of individuals, free to do what they want)

Also, this isn't about an individual's views but about a measuring stick for governments.

Edit: Why would there be no up and down for pure anarchy? because to do so requires the ability to tell others what to do, which, as you may guess, isn't a part of anarchy. That is, unless everyone magically agreed to do one thing and we all held hands and did it, with each person having the ability (no control to force others to keep working on whatever it is) to leave said project at any time.
    Last edited by Dwood; July 20th, 2010 at 02:54 PM.

So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Why feel the need to associate yourself with a party that may or may not believe in everything you do. Voting, thinking, and associating on party drawn lines is ludicrously retarded. Partisan politics are merely a ruse in order to polarize people for support. If you round people up with the same general views, it's not hard to bend them to a will that they may or may not believe in, merely because they want to associate with people who are like them, and not with others.

Think for yourself. There is absolutely no need for labels. If someone asks you your political views, and isn't willing to sit down for a lengthy discussion, chances are that they're an uneducated and opinionated prick.

Keep Calm & Carry On.

Quote Originally Posted by Cojafoji View Post
    Why feel the need to associate yourself with a party that may or may not believe in everything you do.
    Like I said

You have diabetes and can't eat a cup cake.

You guys are missing the point of this completely. Did you even read what I'm trying to say?

Shaka when the walls fell sleepy1212's Avatar
    sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of sleepy1212 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dwood View Post
    You guys are missing the point of this completely. Did you even read what I'm trying to say?
    haven't you ever been to the Debate forum?

I think i get it Dwood, you're saying throw out the party semantics but I don't know if you meant the proverbial "we" or literally us..in this thread.

"Darwinist faggots who are as despicable as the rest, walking around eating your Triscuits."

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy1212 View Post
    haven't you ever been to the Debate forum?

I think i get it Dwood, you're saying throw out the party semantics but I don't know if you meant the proverbial "we" or literally us..in this thread.
    When I say we, I mean/meant those who use the "Fascists on the right, commies on the left" kind of deal. Or Humanity's use of it in general. And it's not simply party semantics. It's simply a better measuring stick for measuring political lean or the lean of a government//country than the one I previously stated.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information