+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2, campaign discussion (spoilers)

Starcraft 2, campaign discussion (spoilers)

so now that a heap of us have finished it...

Where the fuck was Duran. That sneaky fucker didnt put in a performance so i wonder whats happened to him, his hybrids are here and i suspected a zel naga (afterall duran said he's working for a higher power) but so little info on them D:!!)

Anyone else get goosebumps when raynor shot his mate and carried a very human, vulnerable kerrigan off char.
    Who was that on the other end of tycus's suit? Was that mengsk?

Now as for the upcomiing protoss and zerg campaigns if it's anything like what the terran was we'll have to assume the role of one of the major story drivers of the races, and with kerrigan seemingly reduced and out of the picture.... Who is going to lead the zerg?
    Will we play as the hybrid???

so many questions so little time.
    Get your nerd on people, it's about to get serious
    found some old assets of mine from 8 years ago lmao

Blog Entries
    sdavis117 is on a distinguished road

Re: Starcraft 2, campaign discussion (spoilers)

The Zerg campaign will take place before the Terran one. Also, I know the title has a spoiler warning, but it still wouldn't hurt to put in some spoiler tags for a spoiler that big.

Formerly Spartan123209

having threads where everything is in a spoiler is a pain in the ass.

Says campaign discussion, spoilers inside so i dont know how you could get a bigger warning.

The zerg campaign? that would make for a boing campaign man, remember that after brood wars kerrigan went under ground for four years while the zerg evolved.
    no fighting :S

Blog Entries
    Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of

Loved the campaign, and I did get goosebumps at that last scene.

I had wondered at the zerg campaign too. If the Xel Naga plotline is the overarching trilogy plot, and Kerrigan's death allowed the Zerg to become the pawns of the Hybrid, then has turning Kerrigan human again freed the zerg to do whatever they actually want to do? Could this turn into a 3v1 epic fight against the Hybrid? SOmehow I don't see the Zerg becoming friendly, but at the same time that would be pretty badass.

Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute Dwood has a reputation beyond repute

Last I was aware, wasn't the Terran trying to control the zerg? I haven't even heard of the "Hybrid" till this campaign. Also, I can't help but feel like this plot line makes me unhappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by katherineapplegate

So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

See theres 2 terran though.

what happened was the terran in the korhal sector are the surviver of a bunch of prison ships that mal functioned and drifted off into space when they where orbitting earth.
    In Broodwars the earth terrans (aka us) had been observing the korhal sector when the zerg and protoss first showed, so the world united behind a single front called the UED (united earth Directorate) and set off to the sector to dominate that part of the galaxy.

Through extensive study and testing they developed drugs to control the overmind, but later lost control when kerrigan allied herself with raynor and the protoss and assualted the overmind killing it.
    After they lost control it was all kinda downhill from there and ended with kerrigan giving the UED a few days head start leaving char with the little they had left, before she sent the swarm after them and annihalated them, none made it back and as far as i remember, no messages made it back either.

Thats why we are back to Mengsk, who's an original terran of the sector and who overthrew the terran Confederacy (with the help of an uninfested kerrigan and Raynor) and formed the terran Dominion with himself as emperor.
    He's corrupt as shit so Raynor broke off with him, stole his flagship the hyperion and started building a revolution to overthrow him.

All good?

Righto and as for the hybrid, it was actually a secret mission (games did this awesome shit in the 90's) and it unlocked when you beat this level that gave you 30 minutes to beat, when you did it in less then 10.
    You take over control of zeratul and you explore this other world, where you find that Duran (the guy that betrayed teh UED, and worked with kerrigan... then mysteriously dissapeard.... has been doing.

Under direction of a higher power (who we now know is a left over xel naga) has been creating a hybrid of the zerg and protoss.
    when i saw that when i first played.... i creamed myself.
    (shame you dont get to play as a hybrid race though, would of fucking LOVED a 4th race in starcraft)
    Last edited by Bodzilla; August 5th, 2010 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodzilla View Post
    (shame you dont get to play as a hybrid race though, would of fucking LOVED a 4th race in starcraft)
    Maybe they'll come out with a surprise fourth game with the Hybrid campaign. It'll sell, so why not? Also, how will multiplayer work form now on? It came with WIngs of Liberty, but will anything be added to it in the others games? Or will it just be the same multiplayer game to make each game uniform for players who didn't buy the other ones?

Blog Entries
    Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of

Blizzard has said that they didn't add a 4th race because they liked the balance between the three original races so well. Also, they will be adding units to the multiplayer, similar to Brood War's upgrades to the original Starcraft.

Blog Entries
    Phopojijo is on a distinguished road

There's not 3 games... there's 1 game with 2 expansion packs.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

3 races is nice and the balance is great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information