+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2 Mapping Thread

Banned
    Inferno is on a distinguished road

Starcraft 2 Mapping Thread

Because we fucking need one. This is about 30 minutes work in the editor.

Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future

Re: Starcraft 2 Mapping Thread

Got to admit... if I wasn't so swamped with other projects... I'd jump in to make a few quick SC2 maps (used to make several maps for Red Alert 1).

Still possible though.

BTW, why is water level on the high ground?

Banned

Because I need to block that off somehow and I wanted to make a river.

:3

Banned

A little more practice. A little better results.

i like chokepoint-maps.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future Phopojijo has a brilliant future

Yeah not very balanced... 1, 4, 5, 6 get much easier access to high valued minerals, and 2 and 3 have their own natural expansions while the others are shared. That leaves 7 and 8 pretty well screwed. Beyond that, 6 has much too easy of a time getting to the island expansion if they have air transports.

Not trying to be a negative Nancy this thread -- but you know.
    Last edited by Phopojijo; July 29th, 2010 at 02:16 AM.

Banned

Well it's more of a asymmetrical balance.

00 and 02 are the farthest from the island base and the farthest from the central high value minerals so they have a closer to base mineral field. I might change that though. Every base has a disadvantage and advantage. Corner bases are farther from the center but provide better defense.

TBQH the game comes stock with more than enough perfectly symmetrical maps. It may not be perfectly balanced but it's interesting.

Just played a round of that map on 4v4. I ended up with 3 zerg bots and me as terran vs a bunch of protoss so I threw up some defenses around my allies bases and while the protoss were busy with the other bots I massed up 10 banshees 5 battle cruisers a million marines and a couple of siege tanks and steam rolled straight through about 5 bases and won the game.
    Last edited by Inferno; July 29th, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute

hey guys i got jcap to give you a starcraft II section, enjoy

Banned

LOL

This section will probably get posted in for the next week and then die. TBQH I think it belongs more in Gaming General. I don't plan on making more than a hand full of maps for SC2.

SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute SnaFuBAR has a reputation beyond repute

tbh don't think it's about you ok bye

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information