+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: BLACK MESA: NOT DEAD!

Re: BLACK MESA: NOT DEAD!

well, now it wont be for free, AND we'll be wating until 2024.
    I just hope theyre focusing on hl3 before we see this imo. (if they actually do run the mod now)

Blog Entries
    Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of

I highly doubt Valve bought Black Mesa, it's probably something of Valve's own doing, unrelated to the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconmaster View Post
    I highly doubt Valve bought Black Mesa, it's probably something of Valve's own doing, unrelated to the mod.
    Eh... I wouldn't be so sure. Valve tends to love it's most dedicated community people. Heck, people who do incredible stuff tend to get hired by them. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Black Mesa got bought out by Valve for the release of HL3.

Either way. I wish there was a ton of Cave Johnson stuff. It makes me laugh.

Edit: Holy crap, lol. So apparently Cave Johnson had a ton of new lines for the new DLC. Awesome

Edit Edit: Skip to 8:47 in the second video. That's where this line is from. It's not an easter egg. It's simply a parallel universe Cave Johsnon. Rumor squashed.
    Last edited by BobtheGreatII; May 9th, 2012 at 02:11 AM.

well, considering all the alternate universes and dimensions going around the test chambers I'm just gonna take it as a joke. Remember the chart on how much funding black mesa got versus aperture?

Blog Entries
    n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah so I lost a lot if interest in the mod after reading this.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...urce-part-two/

(we're not making HL:HD, we're making HL:20XX edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Roostervier View Post
    selentic ill admit i didnt actually watch the video because a majority of your posts are pointless, ad hominem, or ultra-liberal sensationalist bullshit

Blog Entries
    Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of

Uh, that's always been the idea. The areas are still comparable, they're just done completely from scratch. Reading that article honestly made me even more interested in it, not less.

If you want Half Life HD, go download the HD texture pack for the original.

I think he's talking about the part where they said they were completely redesigning the weapons and gameplay balance.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Blog Entries
    n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute n00b1n8R has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, that's always been the idea. The areas are still comparable, they're just done completely from scratch. Reading that article honestly made me even more interested in it, not less.

If you want Half Life HD, go download the HD texture pack for the original.
    That was HD in 2003 and IIRC it doesn't update sound files (which sound horrible)

Quote Originally Posted by Roostervier View Post
    selentic ill admit i didnt actually watch the video because a majority of your posts are pointless, ad hominem, or ultra-liberal sensationalist bullshit

Christmas. Capitalism. :| p0lar_bear's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    p0lar_bear is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by n00b1n8R View Post
    Yeah so I lost a lot if interest in the mod after reading this.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...urce-part-two/

(we're not making HL:HD, we're making HL:20XX edition)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I think he's talking about the part where they said they were completely redesigning the weapons and gameplay balance.
    Let's not get too hasty in judging things. This isn't a multiplayer game with a bunch of people complaining about how OP a certain weapon is or whether or not something is exploitable. I don't think they're gutting concepts and systems and replacing them with things that'll turn it into Call Of Half-Life: Modern Freeman 4. The way they sound and how they've presented things so far suggest that it's mild changes to make sure it all works together.

While I'm typing about this, I'm thinking of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. To anyone unfamiliar, it was a Gamecube reboot of the first Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation. In a nutshell, it was basically MGS updated to run on MGS2's engine, which added features like hold-ups, hanging from railings, first-person aiming, body dragging, etc etc. Updated graphics, voice acting, and cinematics are a given. Sounds awesome on paper, but the developers didn't really do anything to the level design or boss fights to compensate. As a result, many of the boss fights became brokenly easy, some traps weren't as threatening, and a lot of the new gameplay features were often forgotten after that initial "hey look what I can do" phase where you screw with the guards at the dock and heliport, since the level design of the original never really called for the ability to hop over a railing on a catwalk or hide dead/sleeping/KO'd guards in lockers.

Point is, if you update one thing, something else is going to give.
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Personal Website/Blog | DeviantArt (Actual Work) | PhotoBucket (General Bulls#!%)

I wasn't complaining, just pointing that out. Personally, I'd be glad to finally see some changes to the same identical weapon set we've had through every Half-Life game so far.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information