+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forge CE User Interface Design

Skarma is on a distinguished road

Re: Forge CE User Interface Design

The menus in Halo are all drawn from bitmaps, how I originally wanted to do this. I don't know of any other draw code in the engine. This actually gave me an idea that I can use the Keystone module to create a basic menu background aka CreateWindow function just like the chat window using GDI. Only thing is it's limited to rectangles and ... it's GDI. Keystone can also draw images. I don't think I'm going to go either of these routes.

I managed to create a basic menu design from Yelo's menu draw code (TextBlock). I think I will stick with this until I can figure out something for textures down the road.

FireScythe, I couldn't get that build to work. When I run Halo, the game doesn't load and in task manager, the memory usage skyrockets. Do you have any pics er code?

Thanks for all the advice guys
    Drugstore cowboy, hold floors and grudges, fuck the Judy piece while Elroy bulge space cakes out the cupboard.
    I could kill a cockroach with only Wallabies and rug burn, pin 'em down and funnel up boric acid chuggers if stubborn.
    Mash jackals. Hacks flash Bedazzlers. Capture flags and crash test happy campers.

Smile Re: Forge CE User Interface Design

Make it like halo reach and do no do forge world please because I am going to on that map.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information