+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Walther P99

[WIP] Walther P99

I'm new to plane modeling. First attempt at it.
    Things still needed:
    Trigger
    Magazine
    Magazine release button
    Sights
    Optimization
    Smoothing

Well......go CC (Criticism Crazy)

Re: [WIP] Walther P99

The indents and grooves are way too deep.

Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDestroy View Post
    The indents and grooves are way too deep.
    Okay thanx. That should be an easy fix.

This is my favorite handgun, no doubt about that. Yeah, change those grooves a bit, and let us know asap when you get the patterns and textures on that model. Make it black.

Yes, James Bond uses the P99 now (he switched from his PPK during Tomorrow Never Dies). The P99 is more compact and easier to conceal than other 9mm pistols like the Glock or Beretta, yet is large enough to comfortably hold. And the rail thing under the barrel is perfect for a variety of attachments.

Isn't the P99 now a standard issue in some European police forces?
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

The top of the slide looks really wrong. It shouldn't go in like you put it... only the sides. It is hard to explain, but I own the gun. Try and study the pics better. I suppose it is a nice start though, as long as it ends up right.

[edit] Also, speaking vertically, the slide is larger. Dunno, yours seems really short =p.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinrooster View Post
    The top of the slide looks really wrong. It shouldn't go in like you put it... only the sides. It is hard to explain, but I own the gun. Try and study the pics better. I suppose it is a nice start though, as long as it ends up right.

[edit] Also, speaking vertically, the slide is larger. Dunno, yours seems really short =p.
    Yeah I messed up a little while modeling the reference and was too far to go back. So don't expect them to be completely perfect.

Also I may remake the barrel cause when it was made I had one reference picture to work off of. now that I have more I see how the back slot is different and may have to completely remake it.

Blog Entries
    TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

I like it. 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
    Aside from the inaccuracies and a few icky bits, it's shaping up rather well compared to your last models. Keep it up
    Plane modeling FTW! It seems to pwn the crap out of my other models. I actually for once looked at the tutorial snaf always posts and now I've been turned on to the light of plane modeling.

BTW...Rep would be nice *hint-hint*
    Last edited by LinkandKvel; May 5th, 2007 at 03:42 PM.

That is looking awesome. I wish I had skillz like that.

The Grinder: Play on it!
    Mess with me, you mess with the Face Clan!

UPDATE!
    For the last week since the day i posted the pics I haven't been at my home PC. I just got back sunday nitght, then went to school monday. I got home eager to make my gun better and i'd say i've made a HUGE improvement!
    +rep me if u like it.

Last edited by LinkandKvel; May 15th, 2007 at 12:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information