+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Forge WIP Thread

Re: Forge WIP Thread

No, I'm just eyeballing it all.
    I built it outside at first, and then to test it inside the colosseum I just grabbed everything and threw them into the correct general areas inside the colosseum. Now that I can tell it's probably where I want it to stay, I'll nudge everything back into place.

Try constructing using nudge and angular snaps from the start - almost everything is built to fit with everything else in some way or another, and how each piece works with others can often help the map build itself rather than requiring you to solve dimensional issues on your own.

Yes, I used all the snaps out the wazoo when I built it. I just built it outside at first because I wanted the sky to be visible through the windows. I only moved it into the colosseum once I realized having it outside was causing problems, and for that move I didn't bother with the snaps. There were hundreds of pieces to move and I just wanted to get them inside quickly so I could see if it would work.

e: Blargh! The lighting inside the colosseum is fubar. God dammit, I've either got outdoors with good lighting but bad framerate, or indoors with shit lighting but good framerate. Why must I be practical and prefer strong gameplay over good appearance? There must be a way for me to have my cake and eat it too.
    Last edited by Rob Oplawar; October 17th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Try some FX and junk to see if any of it makes it look better.

Has anyone tried a night time map yet with the Purple FX?

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo003 View Post
    Try some FX and junk to see if any of it makes it look better.

Has anyone tried a night time map yet with the Purple FX?
    Can't see shit.
    fuck you ↑ you ↖ you ↗ you ↙ you → you ↓ you ↩ you ↪ you ↬ you ↫ you ↪ you ↩ you ↲ you ↯ you ↱ you ↰ you ↷ you ↳ you ↶ you ↴ you ↵ and you ↺

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
    Can't see shit.
    maybe you're brightness level is too low on your TV, because unless the area was "lol dark" to begin with i can see fine on a map with pruple FX
    meh

I keep my tv perfectly calibrated. I can see just fine, but I can't play in it.
    fuck you ↑ you ↖ you ↗ you ↙ you → you ↓ you ↩ you ↪ you ↬ you ↫ you ↪ you ↩ you ↲ you ↯ you ↱ you ↰ you ↷ you ↳ you ↶ you ↴ you ↵ and you ↺

I'm really bad at finishing maps.

I just loose inspiration and my stuff never comes together like I hope it will. I always have a great start, but as I continue working the map becomes more and more bland. It's just difficult to maintain a good idea to how the map looks in its most important areas. The most recent one I've been working on ended up great on the outside and this courtyard area, but the hallways were too big and I'm running lower and lower on Budget and Building Blocks. I'm just tired of getting to a certain point and having the entire thing being ruined by overlapping faces, corners going through walls, the near impossibility of making a proper Octagon with walls, and my incapability of making good interiors. I don't know, I think frustration just gets the best of me half of the time.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

I don't go into Forge with any preconceived designs. I just let it take me where it wants to take me. I tinker and experiment until things come together and I leave open the possibility of scrapping any or all of my work.
    GT - Echo Ten

NotZac is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ejburke View Post
    You know what determines the primary hill in KOTH? Spawn Sequence 0? Nope. Highest spawn sequence number? Nope. It is determined by the hill marker's Y COORDINATE. Closest Hill to Y 0 is the only Hill that will ever be active in vanilla King. What in the fuck, Bungie? This is retarded. I can't put the primary hill in the middle of my maps, unless I only place one hill, making Crazy King useless. God damn it.
    I do remember a quote somewhere stating that the spawn sequences for KOTH were bugged. I assume that could be fixed with a patch, and I don't believe that was the way Bungie intended for KOTH to work at all.

Don't quote me though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information