+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Forge WIP Thread

Re: Forge WIP Thread

yes, it has to be a bug. It's looking at the wrong value to be closest to 0. But they should have caught that. It is so plain and obvious, unless they don't test KOTH.
    GT - Echo Ten

Hm, I just thought of an interesting fix to my framerate issues... I could turn the whole room around. The framerate only drops when you stand in the corner on the side away from the grav lifts and face the opposite corner that has the grav lifts, because you're seeing that entire complex wall and also the mountains and trees and forerunner light tower thingy in the background (you can't actually see it, but it's being rendered nonetheless). The wall opposite the grav lifts is miles less complex. If I had that wall face the mountain instead, it might resolve the issues. Trouble is, it'll take me a long time to test this theory; it'll take me at least two hours at least to get all the objects more or less in place. :S Good thing I have until mid-November to enter the contest.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    L0d3x is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ejburke View Post
    yes, it has to be a bug. It's looking at the wrong value to be closest to 0. But they should have caught that. It is so plain and obvious, unless they don't test KOTH.
    Alot of things didn't get tested thoroughly in this game it seems to me. I mean they had Scorpions in Hemorrage for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by L0d3x View Post
    Alot of things didn't get tested thoroughly in this game it seems to me. I mean they had Scorpions in Hemorrage for crying out loud!
    Lol. That's more like nostalgia taking over than testing IMO.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

NotZac is on a distinguished road

Nearly done with this, but my budget is so low, you don't even realise.

More in spoiler:

Wow, that looks crazy. I'm intrigued.

NotZac is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I've been calling it Coronet throughout the development, and I'm sure that's going to be the final name, too. Unfortunately, I may have to butcher a few decorations (minor things probably, like those railings and columns) and such to save up on my budget. I've nearly hit $0 WITHOUT weapons, and on top of that, I've run out of pieces in almost every category under Structure except Inclines (which sitting at like 30-40).

I've never made walls/ceilings with a bunch of Ramp, XLs before. Lol.

There's also an object limit, which you will run into when you try to set the map up for gametypes and spawning.
    GT - Echo Ten

Banned
    Blog Entries
    L0d3x is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo003 View Post
    Lol. That's more like nostalgia taking over than testing IMO.
    The first time I loaded up that map in MM I just knew what was going to happen. Our team quickly took out their tank and went on a spawn-killing spree which the other team could do nothing about, simply because this map+mode was clearly never balanced. It was also ridiculous to see how "scared" the lighter vehicles were to cross the hills to the center of the map, knowing they didn't stand a chance if the tanks on defensive mode...it put the game into a stalemate (or however it's spelled). Once one tank was down, the other team was simply doomed unless an oxen was driving the remaining tank.

Simply horrible, NOT nostalgia. It was balanced in Halo 2, but not in Reach.

Quote Originally Posted by ejburke View Post
    There's also an object limit, which you will run into when you try to set the map up for gametypes and spawning.
    It's 600 something. I ran into it on hopalong when placing gametype marks.
    fuck you ↑ you ↖ you ↗ you ↙ you → you ↓ you ↩ you ↪ you ↬ you ↫ you ↪ you ↩ you ↲ you ↯ you ↱ you ↰ you ↷ you ↳ you ↶ you ↴ you ↵ and you ↺

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information