+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Forge WIP Thread

NotZac is on a distinguished road

Re: Forge WIP Thread

Stupid b.net not uploading all of my recent screenshots. Oh well, here's one. Map name still undecided.

It Isn't Easy Being Green DarkHalo003's Avatar
    DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm looks interesting. I think it'll play nice given it's just the right amount of space for the entire map.

I'm finding it tough to work on Babel because the structures in Forge aren't what you would call hospital to circular interior. The curved walls are okay, but there really isn't anything you can use as flooring without the floor looking hideous. I might change it to an octagon form and see how well it turns out.

Caboos001 is on a distinguished road

My first attempt at a serious map. It’s meant for big team games and hopefully invasion if I can get all the proper spawns and barriers down. Concept is as follows. There are 2 large bases, one set in Montana and the other in Alaska. Each zone is set as a territory for either team and divided down the center by the preexisting canyon and a two way teleporter system. Each team is given one Falcon, Mongoose, Default Warthog, and a rocket hog for air defense. The catch is the only vehicle either team can use to assault the other is the Falcon; this being due to the map division. This will allow for either team to have a capable defensive force while also preventing the others from “base raping” with a combination of both their vehicles and whatever they have managed to steal.

What I’m hoping to accomplish is a heavy emphasis on teamwork. In theory what I hope the case will be is that the only way to effectively assault one anothers bases is with a large cooperative attack between a fully loaded Falcon and whatever infantry may be making their way by foot. This infantry will be relying heavily on the falcon to stave off whatever attacks may come their way by opposing enemy warthogs and infantry; whilst the Falcon depends on said friendly infantry to eliminate any dug in defenses such as, Turrets, snipers, rockets, ect. All and all, it sounds alright on paper but only time will tell.

So far I have only completed the blue base in Alaska and the structures leading up to the dividing point. Spawns and map limits have been set but I still need to lay out weapon placement.

Picture dump below
    V

Blue base exterior:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP8..jpg
Views:	96
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1707Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP3..jpg
Views:	95
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1708Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP1..jpg
Views:	87
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1709Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP4..jpg
Views:	72
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1710Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP7..jpg
Views:	83
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1711Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP14..jpg
Views:	75
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1712Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP6..jpg
Views:	74
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1713

Interior:

Name:	WIP9..jpg
Views:	76
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1714Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP13..jpg
Views:	80
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1715

Top floor:

Name:	WIP15..jpg
Views:	79
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1716Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP12..jpg
Views:	74
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1717

The dividing line:

Name:	WIP5..jpg
Views:	73
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1718Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP10..jpg
Views:	76
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1719

Red team Falcon pad / view of blue base:

Name:	WIP2..jpg
Views:	79
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1720Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP11..jpg
Views:	77
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1721

More to come...

DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks very nice. Simplistic, classic, and thoughtful. I wonder how it will play.

NotZac is on a distinguished road

I really like that base. Keep it up. I look forward to testing it out for myself.

Been workin on something. Prolly won't get a chance to work on it again until next weekend, so I'll post a pic for now.

Looks complex and very interesting. I hope when you work on it next you'll have some overview shots for us to see the layout; it's difficult to tell what's a path and what's for decor in the picture you gave us.

Caboos001 is on a distinguished road

Here is my second update on, “Rocky Road;” the title is still in the works.

As of now I have completed the Red base and done some fine tuning on each base to make it a bit more playable. Still I don’t know what will and won’t work until I actually get a match going. So, on the list of things to do I have, completed both bases, set all player spawns for both teams, set the points for power weapons and vehicle spawns, and set out some rock outcrops for added cover. The only things left I suppose are to set the rest of the objectives for all the game types. I have set hills and the flag stands/capture pads, but the game still says the map is not compatible with Capture the flag or king of the hill. Still trying to figure that one out; hope I can soon seeing as how this is an objective game based map.

Updated picture dump below
    V

Some added visual flare to blue base:

Name:	b2..jpg
Views:	68
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1723
    Mounted turrets replacing shades for added lethality against Falcons:

Name:	b4..jpg
Views:	70
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1724
    Grav-lift enterance, one of the 3 ways into each base:

Name:	b3..jpg
Views:	56
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	1726
    Overview of Blue territory:

Name:	Bluezone..jpg
Views:	62
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1725

Red Base:

Name:	r6..jpg
Views:	64
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1727

Name:	R1..jpg
Views:	65
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1731

Name:	r3..jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1735

Name:	r7..jpg
Views:	70
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1728

Name:	r2..jpg
Views:	65
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1733

Name:	r8..jpg
Views:	56
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1732
    Man Cannon, another of the 3 entrances to either base:

Name:	r5..jpg
Views:	63
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1734
    Falcon moved from original location:

Name:	r4..jpg
Views:	59
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1729
    Red territory overview:

Name:	Redzone..jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1730
    And a big overview of the entire map:

Name:	large overview..png
Views:	69
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1736
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	B1..jpg‎
Views:	54
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1722  

ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of

To edit specific gametypes, you have to change the Forge mode from basic editing to the type you want to work on. For CTF, all you need are the flag stands and you want to set their Options->Advanced->Gametype Label to "ctf_flag_return" (or something like that). Set their team to whatever, their shape to "none", and Game Specific to "True".
    GT - Echo Ten

Also remember to fill in those middle areas with some scenery or structures or something so there is a bit more to do if you're on the ground.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information