+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Forge WIP Thread

Re: Forge WIP Thread

Well, I've been working on an A30/Infinity inspired Invasion map for a while now, and I think I've finally gotten it to a showable status. Here's a basic rundown of the map:

Spartans are on offense, Elites on defense. The Spartans have to plant and arm the bomb at the central shield generator to get past Phase 1. The shield wall falls once the bomb is detonated, and the Spartans then have to capture one of the 2 outlying structures. They can either approach the structures from the front by foot/with their Phase 2 Warthog, or take the newly-spawned Gravity lifts to allow for an alternate route. Finally, Phase 3 ends with the Spartans having to retrieve a Covenant core from the Forerunner tower and return it to their original spawn point (which may be changed depending on the difficulty of returning the core).

Click for more pictures

First phase overview (shield wall phase)

One of the Covenant initial spawn areas

Destroying the shield wall generator

Outlying structures, Phase 2 objectives

Gravity lift spawns:

Forerunner base (Banshee spawns in Phase 3)

Overview of Phase 2 structures

Overview of Phase 3 Base

It Isn't Easy Being Green DarkHalo003's Avatar
    DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute

Put some antennas in those bases with the territories; it would make more sense when capturing them seeing an obvious visual objective.

That's making me want actual Halo 1-esque Forge pieces,

TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

I want Infinity bases and Silent Cartographer pieces.

Well, I've got a few updates for my Invasion map;

First, column structures have been added to the Phase 2 bases, which better represents their appearance in a30 along with giving some added protection for defenders or attackers.

Second, a new spawning location has been added for the Phase 3 defenders, to help the map flow a little more evenly and give the Elites more spawning choices.

Lastly, the entire Phase 1 area has been overhauled to give the Spartans a better chance of successfully planting the bomb. Elites now spawn without Plasma Grenades, with a total of 8 spawning at timed intervals to reduce grenade spamming. The rocks have also been adjusted to allow the Spartans more strategic options in planting the bomb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	reach_9536847_Full.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	1821Click image for larger version

Name:	reach_9536891_Full.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	1822Click image for larger version

Name:	reach_9536876_Full.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	1823Click image for larger version

Name:	reach_9536867_Full.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	1824

Woot, I'm done! (Pending some more playtesting, of course).

Thoughts?

Futzy Futzy Futzy Futzy Futzy Futzy Futzy Futzy Futzy Futzy Futzy

Can't really tell anything about how it will play from the pictures, but it looks fantastic. Should get a customs going sometime.
    fuck you ↑ you ↖ you ↗ you ↙ you → you ↓ you ↩ you ↪ you ↬ you ↫ you ↪ you ↩ you ↲ you ↯ you ↱ you ↰ you ↷ you ↳ you ↶ you ↴ you ↵ and you ↺

Banned
    L0d3x is on a distinguished road

It looks great aesthetically. How is the framerate?

It Isn't Easy Being Green DarkHalo003's Avatar
    DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute DarkHalo003 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it definitely needs playtesting before we can judge it. It looks very nice, but I'm thinking that there isn't enough difference in the coloring and lighting of areas of the map from the screenshots. If the lighting doesn't cater to map direction and movement, then some people might become lost or blend in too well with the surrounding blend of the architecture from afar. In other words, I think it might play light Burial Mounds visually for some people judging from the screenshots.

ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of

It's kind of late in the game to be making design alterations based on test feedback. Lock it down, triple check every object, submit it, and hope for the best.
    GT - Echo Ten

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information