Closed Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick-Crit 2011

Slumdoge Millionaire Rentafence's Avatar
    Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Quick-Crit 2011

Fucking around with a design for a hallway.

Y/n?!??!?!?

Or maybe something like this instead?

Bastinka is on a distinguished road

The transitions within the red, circled, areas seems a bit off to me. Especially along the wall where the curvature strikes a direct flat top. On the main-middle part of the ceiling, it seems that that material doesn't necessarily fit in such a direct cut in from the bridging areas connecting it to the side walls. Maybe bevel or inset it a little bit so it adds a border along the sides, but not at the ends. The UV's at the very end of the hallway, where the wall meets the door, are strange. I'm guessing that's because you just created those faces/polygons.

Slumdoge Millionaire Rentafence's Avatar
    Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute Rentafence has a reputation beyond repute

The areas in the very top left of your picture is just a perspective thing. It actually looks like this. I'll see what I can do with the area where the curved walls hit the ceiling though, thanks.

Blog Entries
    Cagerrin is on a distinguished road

Curved walls? Forerunner? Looks very strange, see below.

put smarties tubes on cats' legs make them walk like a robot

Post Apocalyptic Badass Corndogman's Avatar
    Corndogman is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by rentafence View Post

I was thinking something like that, but a lot thicker and also extending to the ground. Also keep the ramped base like you had here:

Quote Originally Posted by rentafence View Post

Or maybe something like this instead?

(^Click it^) Albums: Modeling, Photography

Quote Originally Posted by SnaFuBAR View Post

meh, getting closer.
    The "hitler" section of the upper lip seems like it should be a bit wider.

Planning on adding brow wrinkles or will that be in the bumps/normals? assuming you're going to do bumps/normals

It looks pretty spot on. For your next attempt snaf I strongly suggest jumping into zbrush. It will make the whole work flow like 10,000 times easier, truly a remarkable program. Then from there you can take the mesh into 3D Coat and bring the head down to a mid poly level. Awesome sub-d job though

I've got Mudbox, so I'll attempt that firstly. Other than that, I've gotten the base for the helmet done, and I'll probably rework the topology of the skull to have the edges flowing towards the ear, rather than wrapping around the head. I was also considering retopo after sculpt with the graphite tools.

Last edited by SnaFuBAR; January 27th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

oh god snaf, that face >_<
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.
    With my bare hands

Closed Thread

Thread Information