+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Space 2 Release: NOW, GET IT FAGGOT

Blog Entries
    TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

Dead Space 2 Release: NOW, GET IT FAGGOT

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

Hits the shelves the 25th. Besides me and Sanctus, who's looking forward to it?
    Last edited by TeeKup; January 29th, 2011 at 02:38 AM.

FireDragon04 is on a distinguished road

Re: Dead Space 2 Release: 7 Days

DEFO! Loved Dead Space. Second one looks even better, I just hope making Isaac talk works well within the confines of the story they're trying to tell.

I'm kind of looking forward to it. Not sure if I'm going to buy it upon release or wait. Leaning toward the latter.

My first playthrough of Dead Space was a semi-miserable experience. They don't bother to introduce the weapons properly, so you're left to guess which ones would be good to buy. I noticed that trying to shoot all the little swarms with my plasma cutter was a waste, so I thought the flamethrower would do the trick. Early on, you don't have the inventory space to carry more than a couple of weapons at a time. And you don't want to spend money on extra weapons when that same money is used to upgrade everything.

It turned out the flamethrower was a piece of crap. It guzzled ammo with almost nothing to show for it. I held off judgment, because maybe it would upgrade into something useful. No. It did not. The shit part is that enemies kept dropping flamer fuel, instead of plasma packs, so I kept running out of plasma ammo.

I also cursed the asteroid shooting part and was mildly annoyed by the tentacles. On a technical level, the aiming wasn't very good in that game.

Anyway, if I had chosen the Ripper, instead of the flamethrower, I'd probably be picking up DS2 day 1.
    GT - Echo Ten

Blog Entries
    Ifafudafi is on a distinguished road

Played DS1 a few months after release. It was a fun action title, mechanically and graphically sound. It was not, however, scary at all; the only time I was genuinely anxious was the first few minutes of fighting that regenerating necro before I figured out that I just had to take off the legs every now and then and go about my business. I was never once startled.

Ordinarily that wouldn't be much of a knock but considering that the entire point of the game was to be frightening, it lost quite a few points in my book. Again, though, it was quite fun and I'll probably rent this on 360 or wait for the inevitable Steam sale.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

I have the first game, but I haven't finished it yet. I love it so far. Game Informer's review of DS2 gave it a 9, citing that the difficulty escalation later in the game makes it frustratingly hard at times, even on Normal, but that the rest of the game is golden. I am definitely picking it up when it comes out.

@ejburke: I use the flamethrower exclusively on the little tiny Necromorph swarms, and it works brilliantly. Just don't use it in vacuum (duh). Were you trying to kill the larger forms with it? The Pulse Rifle is also a good investment since it makes a great general purpose weapon.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Blog Entries
    TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

I tended to stick with the Plasma Cutter, Contact Beam, Line Gun, Force Gun. I used the Line Guns' mines on the Swarmers to great effect myself. Of course I consider a fully upgraded Contact Beam to just be outright OP; by far my favorite weapon.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle, and Line Gun tended to be my mainstays. There honestly isn't much you can't kill with those.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

*squee*

Edit:

Awesome:
    Last edited by BobtheGreatII; January 19th, 2011 at 02:33 AM.

You wanna play real horror games Play amnesia.

That shit is fucking scary.
    found some old assets of mine from 8 years ago lmao

Blog Entries

Bob did you just Squee in my thread?

E: That video has me lolin so hard.
    Last edited by TeeKup; January 19th, 2011 at 03:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information