+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh religion, you're adorable!

Blog Entries
    TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Oh religion, you're adorable!

I hate people.

A lot of them are pretty fucking appalling :s

holy shit, fuck all of them. people like that guy threatening to call the ACLU need to step the fuck down from their high horse, and the religious people need to fuck off and recognize that not everybody agrees with them.
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

I'm a spiritual person, I can see where people get emotional over this sort of thing, and I think taking the step to contact the ACLU was a little much; but when the parents kick their son out of their house and people threaten this guy for simply saying pointing out the legality of the situation, that is just sick. At first I thought it was similar to a predicament in my own community; a non-Christian girl decided to aid a political organization hell-bent on having cases ruled in their favor regarding the removal of school from religious situations. There's a difference though; unlike my community's situation where I school simply was using the church to hold the graduation ceremony so all of the families could actually be there for their children, this time it's simply chaos regarding the legality of a situation. That school had no right to have a school-sponsored prayer for the graduation ceremony; it's simply no legal. Why the state did not intervene is beyond me; this action by the state fails the Lemon Test. It's simply baffling, if you ask me.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    holy shit, fuck all of them. people like that guy threatening to call the ACLU need to step the fuck down from their high horse, and the religious people need to fuck off and recognize that not everybody agrees with them.
    How is protecting his civil liberties being on a high horse :S

He has the right to not have this shit shoved down his throat and they have been violating that right.

What the hell did I just read.

People these days....

iirc, Christianity preaches tolerance and compassion for all, even non-believers. While their religion gives them the right to ask him to join them, it does not give them the right to treat him this way if he declines.

The "religious community" that's doing this to Damon Fowler is a fucking hypocrite. It's like how terrorists indulge in the "evil sins" (alcohhol, strip clubs, pr0n, etc) while bashing the West for doing the same.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

I was watching the prayer during graduation and the woman video taping it yelled, "1st Amendment Rights!". I was waiting for a Left4Dead a-car-alarm-just-went-off flash mob to kill her.

You have diabetes and can't eat a cup cake.

The harder and more ferocious the religious right attacks, the sooner it guarantees its obscurity. Bring the venom!

Glad to hear the kid's got backing from reasonable people.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information