Thread: Unigine Heaven (DX9, DX10, DX11) Benchmark Scores

Unigine Heaven (DX9, DX10, DX11) Benchmark Scores

Index of benchmark threads on Modacity:
    1. Unigine Valley (DX11) Benchmark Scores
    2. 3DMark 11 (DX11) Benchmark Scores
    3. Unigine Heaven (DX9, DX10, DX11) Benchmark Scores
    4. 3DMark Vantage (DX10) Benchmark Scores
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Lets get another benchmark thread going, start by downloading the Heaven benchmark and then run it using the following settings:

I chose to use these settings to give us the broadest spectrum of user input. 1024x768 won't restrict monitor size (if you're using anything smaller, kill yourself) and DX9 shouldn't leave out anyone on the GPU front. If you'd like I'll add DX10 and DX11 sections to the list so we can have results there as well.

To be considered for "official" entry you need to provide a screenshot/photo/video displaying the final benchmark results from inside the benchmark. If you are using two or more graphics cards in SLI or Crossfire please let me know in your post as well! To get the best screenshot you should use the provided screenshot key, F12. Pressing F12 will save a screenshot to "C:\Users\Username\Unigine Heaven\screenshots" on Windows Vista/7. It will likely be in a different place on Windows XP and I don't remember the usual file path, why are you using XP anyway?

Your benchmark results submission should look like this:

Tips for improving your benchmarking performance:

Before you start the benchmark:
    1. Close all irrelevant programs running on your system. This frees up resources that the benchmark could potentially make use of.
    2. Navigate to the benchmark installation directory (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unigine\Heaven DX11 Benchmark 2.5"), Right-Click on "Unigine.exe", select "Properties", select the "Compatibility" tab, select "Change settings for all users", set the following options:

When set you click "Apply", and then "OK". Click "OK" when brought back to the "Heaven.exe Properties" window.

After you start the benchmark:
    1. I like to let the benchmark "warm up" for a few seconds before I actually press F9 or the "Benchmark" button. What I mean by this is that when Heaven first starts it will look jittery for a few seconds, wait for the performance to stabilize before pressing F9 or clicking "Benchmark". I usually wait until I get to this point in the benchmark:

Keep in mind that this is a benchmark, it's designed to push your computer to its limit. Your FPS may not become completely smooth no matter how long you let the program run before clicking "Benchmark".

Heaven DX9 - 1024x768 Results:

Top 10:
    1. 6115 - king_nothing_
    2. 5097 - Cortexian
    3. 5048 - Zeph
    4. 4897 -Warsaw
    5. 4135 - BobtheGreatII
    6. 3223 - ThePlague
    7. 3061 - Donut
    8. 3057 - JackalStomper
    9. 2941 - Siliconmaster
    10. 2778 - InnerGoat

NVIDIA:
    1. 6115 - GTX 670 2GB - king_nothing_
    2. 5097 - GTX 470 1.25GB SLI - Cortexian
    3. 5048 - GTX 590 3GB - Zeph
    4. 4135 - GTX 470 1.25GB SLI - BobtheGreatII
    5. 3061 - GTX 560 Ti 1GB - Donut
    6. 3057 - GTX 560 1GB - JackalStomper
    7. 2941 - GTX 570 1.25GB - Siliconmaster
    8. 2778 - 8500 GT 512MB - InnerGoat
    9. 1722 - GTX 275 896MB - Patrickssj6
    10. 1333 - GTX 260 896MB - Limited

AMD:
    1. 4897 - HD 7970 3GB Crossfire - Warsaw
    2. 3223 - HD 6870 1GB Crossfire - ThePlague
    3. 1385 - HD 4850 - =sw=warlord
    4. ...
    5. ...

Optional DX10 Results:

This is basically the same as above, but you must run the benchmark using the following settings:

Heaven DX10 - 1280x720 Results:

Top 10:
    1. 5139 - Zeph
    2. 4570 - Cortexian
    3. 3841 - BobtheGreatII
    4. 2707 - Siliconmaster
    5. ...
    6. ...
    7. ...
    8. ...
    9. ...
    10. ...

NVIDIA:
    1. 5139 - GTX 590 3GB - Zeph
    2. 4570 - GTX 470 1.25GB SLI - Cortexian
    3. 3841 - GTX 470 1.25GB SLI - BobtheGreatII
    4. 2707 - GTX 570 1.25GB - Siliconmaster
    5. ...

AMD:
    1. ...
    2. ...
    3. ...
    4. ...
    5. ...

Optional DX11 Results:

This is basically the same as above, but you must run the benchmark using the following settings:

Heaven DX11 - 1280x720 Results:

Top 10:
    1. 4800 - Warsaw
    2. 3704 - Zeph
    3. 3496 - Cortexian
    4. 2861 - BobtheGreatII
    5. 2208 - Bobblehob
    6. 2004 - Siliconmaster
    7. 2000 - InnerGoat
    8. 712 - =sw=warlord
    9. ...
    10. ...

NVIDIA:
    1. 3704 - GTX 590 3GB - Zeph
    2. 3496 - GTX 470 1.25GB SLI - Cortexian
    3. 2861 - GTX 470 1.25GB SLI - BobtheGreatII
    4. 2208 - GTX 480 1.5GB - Bobblehob
    5. 2004 - GTX 570 1.25GB - Siliconmaster
    6. 2000 - GTX 570 1.25GB - InnerGoat

AMD:
    1. 4800 - HD 7970 3GB Crossfire - Warsaw
    2. 712 - HD 6700 Series - =sw=warlord
    3. ...
    4. ...
    Last edited by Cortexian; June 23rd, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Unigine Heaven Benchmark Scores

Why is Tessellation on at all when you are testing DX9?

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

It's not, once you change it to DX10 or DX9 it actually grays the option out since it's not available at all. Hard to tell in the pic I provided.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Gotcha. Downloading now. It will be interesting to see how my 7800GT performs. It meets the minimum specs. God damn, I swear the GeForce 7 is the finest line of graphics cards Nvidia has ever produced.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

I've added the "Tips for improving your benchmarking performance" section to the OP. Pretty general stuff, if you guys have any other suggestions let me know.

Blog Entries
    Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of

Siiiick I just got a GTX 570 a while ago, and I've been waiting for something like this to post with it. I'll upload my results in a bit.

Blog Entries
    Ifafudafi is on a distinguished road

What the hell, I'll bite

I'll be upgrading this to a DX11 card and probably win7 for BF3 at some point in the near future, but this card's pushed me through just about anything I've thrown at it so far (been enjoying Witcher 2 at max at a ~30 avg, which is fine with me)

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconmaster View Post
    Siiiick I just got a GTX 570 a while ago, and I've been waiting for something like this to post with it. I'll upload my results in a bit.
    The Heaven benchmark is GREAT on the 570. Tried it at my friends and we were very close in score, that was DX10 at 1680x1050 mind you.

You should try the DX11 options and mess around with tessellation as well. Just jack the camera and go look at the difference in different scenery with/without tessellation. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifafudafi View Post
    What the hell, I'll bite

<snip>

I'll be upgrading this to a DX11 card and probably win7 for BF3 at some point in the near future, but this card's pushed me through just about anything I've thrown at it so far (been enjoying Witcher 2 at max at a ~30 avg, which is fine with me)
    Render: direct3d11

Makes me think you ran it in DX11 mode, even if you don't have a DX11 or 10 capable card it will skew your performance results. Running in DX9 will probably bump you up a bit.

Say I was to buy a GTX 280, and get a new mobo (one that has 2 PCIx16 express slots, probably the old one I had but had to give back as it was broken.) that would help with overal graphical speed (and physx stuff), right?

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

Blog Entries
    Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of Siliconmaster has much to be proud of

Muahaha

I've actually had this demo on my computer for a while, but I've never used the benchmarking aspect of it before. The above are my results from the DX9 settings.

And because I couldn't resist,

(spoilered for beautiful and high-res images in shot tags)

Dat tesselation...

And the benchmark results:

All in native res, just in shot tags.

Closed Thread

Thread Information