+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 371 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 3701

Thread: "Halo 4: I Get a Woman!" - Sgt. Mjr. A.J. Johnson, RIP

ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of

Re: Halo 4, now on your xmom 360

If there's anything I was excited for with this game, it was the story.

And holy shit, I am excited for the story. The emotion in the music is heart-wrenching as always, and I don't even know what scenes it'll pertain to yet. And it sounds Halo, it has a unique flair to it.

The dude yelling at the Master Chief. HOLY SHIT. I really do think this is going to be cool. Multiplayer might be interesting, but I'm really looking forward to what 343 does with the story.

Fake Edit: I realize now, that I love Halo 4 so much more when there isn't some half-wit from 343i talking over the top of it.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    Well, now we know why the weapons sounds like shit. They actually went and recorded live weapons and modified them. Live weapons should only be used as a basis for understanding why they sound as they do >_<. Why do they think hollywood hollywoods up guns in movies?
    Not really true. The weapons in the Battlefield series are recorded from real ones and then modified, and Battlefield is pretty much the golden standard for in-game audio, especially guns.

No, I think it really just boils down to their modifications being in arguably bad taste.

The music is pretty nifty. I can hear a twinge of the Reach theme, but used in a more refined way. Personally, I think this will be the next best Halo soundtrack after Halo 1 and ODST.

As for the story, it will be interesting within the game, but for me it's ultimately ruined because it runs with that crap Whatshisface has been writing.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Bitchin' Sitar Solos nuttyyayap's Avatar
    nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of

Well I've never personally like any Halo story (HERESY!!), so this should still be great for me.
    Pre-ordered today.
    Quote Originally Posted by neuro View Post
    butts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconmaster View Post
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw View Post
    Not really true. The weapons in the Battlefield series are recorded from real ones and then modified, and Battlefield is pretty much the golden standard for in-game audio, especially guns.

No, I think it really just boils down to their modifications being in arguably bad taste.

The music is pretty nifty. I can hear a twinge of the Reach theme, but used in a more refined way. Personally, I think this will be the next best Halo soundtrack after Halo 1 and ODST.

As for the story, it will be interesting within the game, but for me it's ultimately ruined because it runs with that crap Whatshisface has been writing.
    That might be the only reason why I'll cringe at the story, given it deviates too far from the Terminals we saw in Halo 3. If it stays connected to those Terminals, I'll be okay with whatever wacky shit they put in there since the Terminals are one of the last pieces of legitimate canon before the bad novels started being written. If there's some Glasslands references, I'd be alright with those too.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

I feel like that music isn't what Halo is. There's something about it that doesn't feel right. Halo 1 through Reach all had more depth to the orchestral sound. It's still a bit early to be judging the music, but my first impression is that it's not what people will be hoping for. It feels like too much of a departure from Marty and Michael's stuff.

Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of

I'm gonna try to keep an open mind for the story. I'm not really excited for multiplayer. It just seems like it'll be worse than Reaches since they're throwing MORE perks. The music though I like so far, and the gun sounds. Except fir the scatter shot. That's just blegh
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
    Sever: "One does not simply drive a warthog; One targets enemies with a warthog

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    I'm gonna try to keep an open mind for the story. I'm not really excited for multiplayer. It just seems like it'll be worse than Reaches since they're throwing MORE perks. The music though I like so far, and the gun sounds. Except fir the scatter shot. That's just blegh
    I think you should hold a more open mind towards Multiplayer then. It takes a lot from modern FPS games, but I have faith that 343i will make it into something nice. On aesthetic assets they lack a bit of direction (skin designs = wtf), but gameplay is looking very intriguing, complex, and solid. I just have a feeling that this game will end up being a lot better than many of the Halo fans think it will be.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Bitchin' Sitar Solos nuttyyayap's Avatar
    nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of nuttyyayap has much to be proud of

Nobody gonna mention chief getting in the Mech?
    Okay then
    Oh, and;

Quote Originally Posted by neuro View Post
    butts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconmaster View Post
    Butts.

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    Everybody who has played the game at RTX and Gamescon has said that the game plays amazingly, feels like Halo should, and is a definite step up from Reach in every way.

I'm excited for the multiplayer, and I know I'm going to spend a hell of a lot of time playing it, just like I did in every past Halo game, including Reach.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information