+ Reply to Thread
Page 211 of 348 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3472

Thread: "Halo 4: I Get a Woman!" - Sgt. Mjr. A.J. Johnson, RIP

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Halo 4, now on your xmom 360

It was moved from the center so that the shots line up with the origins of the gun "more naturally." It has nothing to do with play and it makes aiming up for headshots feel like driving a car with a lowered rear suspension.

Fake E: Valhalla also doesn't play better than Sidewinder and Battlecreek did. Bloodgulch was more tongue in cheek because I know everybody hates that level, but if it wasn't fun then it wouldn't be popular. That's the same justification I know you all will give for Halos 2 through 4.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw View Post
    It has nothing to do with play and it makes aiming up for headshots feel like driving a car with a lowered rear suspension.
    this always bugged the shit out of me. it makes the game feel really claustrophobic for me. i dont play much halo these days, but in any shooter, i tend to run around with my cursor at head level, especially when turning corners. i kinda wish it was toggle-able in a menu somewhere, especially since you still have hud elements on the bottom corners of the screen. a lot of screen estate at the top, but youre not doing much with it when youre shooting at someone and going for headshots.
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

Never really bothered me. I started with lower-screen reticules, even though I played Halo PC right after playing a bit of Halo 2 with some friends. Either way, I just up my sensitivity to 5 and can feel just fine.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

It's not about controller sensitivity at all. It's about the awkward angle the character is looking at from your perspective when you raise the reticle to where it should be in the first place.

ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of ODX has much to be proud of

I'm just glad to get some symmetric, beautiful, and wide open maps with some side routes again unlike the shit that was in Reach.

It was moved from the center so that the shots line up with the origins of the gun "more naturally." It has nothing to do with play and it makes aiming up for headshots feel like driving a car with a lowered rear suspension.

Fake E: Valhalla also doesn't play better than Sidewinder and Battlecreek did. Bloodgulch was more tongue in cheek because I know everybody hates that level, but if it wasn't fun then it wouldn't be popular. That's the same justification I know you all will give for Halos 2 through 4.
    It's popular because it's really easy for newbies to get straight into the action and rack up some kills. There's little to no tactics involved in playing Gulch other than "run to the center, strafe back and forth"

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

I can honestly and with a straight face say the same for the rest of the series, and the same for Call of Duty, and the same for Battlefield 3...

Notice a pattern here?

I can honestly and with a straight face say the same for the rest of the series, and the same for Call of Duty, and the same for Battlefield 3...

Notice a pattern here?
    I'm not understanding what you're getting at. Can you please explain?

The reticule location is not an issue in gameplay. It's really just cosmetic to be quite honest and yes controller sensitivity makes it a lot easier for each individual to move the reticule. That's kind of the point of the controller sensitivity in the first place. If you think a game is trash for that one feature not being exactly as you want it when everything is looking solid, then you need to ponder your gameplay design philosophies.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

the whole debate could be circumvented with an option to keep the reticle at the center of the screen or lower. for the way i play shooters, having a lower reticle like that would impact how i play, because i run around with my crosshairs at head level. if the reticle is lower, then i end up looking higher, and as a result, i would have more difficulty moving around. i wasnt kidding about that indepth analysis i was talking about before. if i had some kind of trainer to move the reticle in bad company 2 or metro or something, i could use those images as an explanation of how reticle position affects gameplay.

its not a huge impact, but the result is that you end up with a lot more of your screen being focused up high where you dont need to look. seeing all the jumping that goes on in halo, maybe looking into the sky isnt such a bad thing in that specific game. for something like bad company 2, having a lower reticule would be unnecessary and cumbersome. the point is that it isnt just an aesthetic choice.

again, though, an option would keep everyone happy.
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

Pssssst heeeeyyyyyyyy! Stop bitching about reticle positions and watch this, there's evil afoot...

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.
    Last edited by Bobblehob; October 1st, 2012 at 06:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information