+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 371 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 3702

Thread: "Halo 4: I Get a Woman!" - Sgt. Mjr. A.J. Johnson, RIP

Re: Halo 4, still isn't on the Wii-U

Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    You mean besides the fact you can see through walls even at a distance.
    good point

Then again it can't see behind, above, and below you at the same time like the motion tracker can. One could say the MT is the more OP element.

Quote Originally Posted by rentafence View Post
    I could hide from the motion tracker by crouching.
    could

doesn't mean anyone does

Quote Originally Posted by ODX View Post
    cod cod cod cod cod cod cod
    Think of something better that isn't the same thing used in the last 5 games and suggest it to 343i.
    Last edited by JackalStomper; June 11th, 2012 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyyayap View Post
    Of course it is, it's an FPS, there's always one thing which completely breaks game-play by being OP. It appears that this vision BS is Halo 4's version of it.
    +rep if it still existed.

@ODX: It's not CoD. Yes there are similarities, but if the core Halo gameplay is still there and we still use Energy Shields, then it's Halo. From the videos in this thread, it is so easily Halo. The only CoD element is the Loadout and that's used by BF3 and CoD both. It's 343i's way of keeping Halo up with the times in terms of what the masses want. And before you say "No, if they wanted to please the masses then they would do traditional Halo gameplay," I want to say that if that were the case Halo 3 would still be widely played. What that argument is trying to state is like saying that well-designed maps in HCE will have more players than maps like ColdSnap or HugeAss. I believe you also cannot Loadout Snipers, Rockets, and Swords. Enough said?

About the Videos:
    -Those guys are effing terrible. Regardless, they are trying a lot of the new features and to their credit demonstrators aren't normally supposed to dominate everything. At least fall damage from the top floor on Infinity is non-existant, meaning it must really be high-up to experience damage.

Concerning the Visor:
    -Everyone can have it, like Sprint, so it's not really OP. It's also evident that there is a range limit and that you're not seeing your enemy in Hi-Definition from across the map. And if people choose other abilities instead, then they may strengthen teamwork in team matches. We will all see how it effects gameplay though in November.

Concerning a very special weapon:
    -The Covenant Carbine is back!
    Last edited by DarkHalo003; June 11th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo003 View Post
    @ODX: It's not CoD. Yes there are similarities, but if the core Halo gameplay is still there and we still use Energy Shields, then it's Halo. From the videos in this thread, it is so easily Halo. The only CoD element is the Loadout and that's used by BF3 and CoD both. It's 343i's way of keeping Halo up with the times in terms of what the masses want. And before you say "No, if they wanted to please the masses then they would do traditional Halo gameplay," I want to say that if that were the case Halo 3 would still be widely played. What that argument is trying to state is like saying that well-designed maps in HCE will have more players than maps like ColdSnap or HugeAss. I believe you also cannot Loadout Snipers, Rockets, and Swords. Enough said?
    Continue generalizing what was decent games into "what the masses want" and all your going to have in the industry is a collection of the same games with different visuals. You can say that Halo isnt COD, and it isnt, but with the new load out system it just takes it one step fruther to be that same game in the gameplay dept.

Some people enjoy the arena style gameplay that Halo 1/2/3 all offered, and even Reach to some extent. It was balanced; everyone started with the same weapons, and had an equal chance at getting power weapons.
    Last edited by Higuy; June 11th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Halo 4: now with built in chams If this got released on pc, it would be totally fucked over with cheaters. I actually don't want a pc release now, because it would go to hell with microshit's moderating.

Quote Originally Posted by Higuy View Post
    Continue generalizing what was decent games into "what the masses want" and all your going to have in the industry is a collection of the same games with different visuals. You can say that Halo isnt COD, and it isnt, but with the new load out system it just takes it one step fruther to be that same game in the gameplay dept.

Some people enjoy the arena style gameplay that Halo 1/2/3 all offered, and even Reach to some extent. It was balanced; everyone started with the same weapons, and had an equal chance at getting power weapons.
    There are generalizations and then there are trends. This is one of those trends that FPS MP games need to stay alive. Thankfully, I see a lot more Halo Originality than I do trendiness. My only stipulation is that you can call-down new weapons on demand to aid you, only because that's VERY gimmicky like the Loadouts themselves. However, I do feel that as long as Loadouts are only Primary/Secondary weapons then the gameplay will be solid.

@Ryx: I don't even give a fuck about Halo MP on PC. I'd rather have a good HEK and work in the SP department (as always) than worry about a bitchy MP community. Although, MP level environments can be very enjoyable and beautiful (Highlands, Ghost Town, Longshore).

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheating on a console, and getting away with it, isn't THAT hard of a thing to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttyyayap View Post
    Of course it is, it's an FPS, there's always one thing which completely breaks game-play by being OP. It appears that this vision BS is Halo 4's version of it.
    If you really need to rely on PV, instead of your MT, then I'm pretty sure you were at a disadvantage before this game and this only now makes the game fair. Besides, PV users can't use the hard shield, regen bubble, auto turret, thruster pack, or any other goddamn armor ability that can put the fight in your favor just as well.

Also, they can kill loadouts or, IIRC, provide fixed loadouts (a la Reach) in the game variant settings. They're providing customization out the ass, and are using said customization to make the game unique. They're not forcing everyone to play with only their settings, which is why you'll have the power to configure what you want or play in non-H4-type playlists, just like in all the games that came before.

Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future Higuy has a brilliant future

There are generalizations and then there are trends. This is one of those trends that FPS MP games need to stay alive. Thankfully, I see a lot more Halo Originality than I do trendiness. My only stipulation is that you can call-down new weapons on demand to aid you, only because that's VERY gimmicky like the Loadouts themselves. However, I do feel that as long as Loadouts are only Primary/Secondary weapons then the gameplay will be solid.
    “Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” ― Jack Kerouac
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ODX View Post
    You know what I just realized?
    This is Call of Duty. Why?
    Loadouts. Yeah, Reach had them but they weren't customizable bullshit like this.
    Hate to point this out to you.
    but Crysis had this before CoD4 was about.
    Crysis came out September 07 and CoD4 came out in November.
    You want to point fingers, point em at Crysis.

MC is a Reclaimer, so it could be tied to that. There are multiple explanations you could make, but I think the fact that he is a Reclaimer saved him from the instant incineration. I wondered that too for a minute and I think that's the answer, plus the Elite's shield was down or too weak to survive the incinerating beam? Maybe it's another weapon not seen yet?
    So being a reclaimer, that saves him from a quicker death? The fact that they are trying to kill him at all should set off some alarms about the intentions of the enemies. That's what an enemy is...something that tries to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    Hate to point this out to you.
    but Crysis had this before CoD4 was about.
    Crysis came out September 07 and CoD4 came out in November.
    You want to point fingers, point em at Crysis.
    Actually, Crysis came out in November...

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post

Actually, Crysis came out in November...
    Demo came out in September.
    The Demo had alot of the things that are typically associated with CoD4.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information