+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 348 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 3472

Thread: "Halo 4: I Get a Woman!" - Sgt. Mjr. A.J. Johnson, RIP

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Halo 4, still isn't on the Wii-U

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo003 View Post
    He isn't the only one who's played varieties of games though. Keep in mind many of us have played a plethora of games since age 3-5. For example, he has generally taken the side of earlier games having better quality than modern games, which is very similar to this argument here; one game design is or is not superior to the other. He often debates that Halo 1 MP is the perfect MP FPS experience and that all after it fail in comparison. I frankly disagree with this, but that is where opinion comes in.

Yes. I have also critically analyzed CoD. Through this analysis I have determined my opinions. And what Dozo and Bobble are saying equates only a small fraction of how Halo gameplay is far less narrow than CoD gameplay. I could go on, but I would be called narrow for thinking Halo is better than CoD.

If you want to pick sides, that's fine, but don't blindside yourself to the idea that other people besides those you choose to acknowledge know what they're coming from too.
    The only person who has been blind-sided is you. I'm not picking sides, you should know better; me and Pooky have had some of the most vicious debates in the history of this forum. But your conclusions leave me wondering if you've done some serious study of game-play design. Have you ever made levels in any game? Have you ever timed how long it takes for you to kill a target in a given scenario? Do you look at heat-maps to see where players are and try to figure out why?

Now, I agree that Halo is better than Call of Duty; I believe Halo is better than that entire franchise, but I have my own reasons for that. Halo 1 is not a perfect multi-player experience, I've debated that with him as well. I do believe it is superior to the sequels, though, and while there are several points to that the biggest one is how the weapons interact with the player and each other. That facet is simply broken in each and every one of the other games. You can't get out of a sticky situation by getting creative with what you have because the games are ultra-tailored as Rock-Paper-Scissors affairs.

But hey, Halo 4 is going to remedy this problem with loadouts; now EVERYBODY will start with the same gun and nobody will make the mistake of picking up a different gun to experiment after the first few rounds.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Quote Originally Posted by TeeKup View Post
    No he doesn't. Me and Sever and Tobi know Pooky better than anyone. We've discussed hours on end the ins and outs and the rights and wrongs, and the what-should-have-been-done to the what-is. I'd sooner defer to Pooky's council when it comes to the balance and execution of a competitive MP game than anyone else.

Pooky's opinion is extreme, but I have been with him in a lot of situations to where I can agree with his opinion and see how it is.

I move to return the discussion to the topic at hand. If you want to argue the legitimacy of another persons POV (FUCKING AGAIN.)then please move it off-forum.
    Okay. Thanks for clarifying. I'll trust your judgment.

@Warsaw: I specialize in gameplay. That's my deal which is why I have such a strong opinion and view on this stuff. Sorry if I sounded generally hostile and ignorant, but I have very strong opinions due to prolonged periods of exposure to this kind of thing. For me, here is what CoD has boiled down to:
    -Vanilla gameplay.
    -Vanilla maps.
    -Shallow design principles.

Thankfully I see these problems decreasing with BOPs 2 slightly. Either way, one gametype does not qualify a game's design being good. Sorry Pooky for making generalizations and assumptions based off of debates you've had in the past, but I'm positive you're definitely a player for the very-fast-paced gameplay that often demands a 1sk for every scenario. That's not a bad principle in itself because it demands tactics and intellect to keep from dying or losing. However, that does not sum up the CoD design models and thus my biggest issue with all of this is that you're gratifying CoD gameplay that simply does not deserve a pat-on-the-back.

^This all ties into:

Halo 4 is nothing like CoD though at its core gameplay design. There is still a lot it does better and should do better. I suppose my issue here is that people compare two completely different design principles and say they're the same. Sorry, I just have a long-time burning fire for this debate.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Well uhm, disregarding all the drama that just happened, I'm going to throw out there that I don't now nor have I ever considered Halo 1 a perfect multiplayer experience. It certainly had its problems. Some of the map designs weren't thought out as well as they could have been (spawning on top of the bases on BG, right in view of the sniper rifle...) and I think most people would agree that 4 grenades was a bit excessive. The Covenant weapons were mostly disregarded by everyone because they were so difficult to use and Halo 1's splattering system can FUCK RIGHT OFF.

That said, I do feel like every iteration of Halo multiplayer since the first one has been a regression rather than a progression. I still liked Halo 2 and 3 for what they were, the only one I really have a grudge against is Reach.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

HEY GUISE I LIKE HAyLO

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    That said, I do feel like every iteration of Halo multiplayer since the first one has been a regression rather than a progression. I still liked Halo 2 and 3 for what they were, the only one I really have a grudge against is Reach.
    +Rep

Halo 2 was fairly solid as well (perhaps even better in terms of map design compared to Halo 1), use to love that games multiplayer more than anything.
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Higuy View Post
    +Rep

Halo 2 was fairly solid as well (perhaps even better in terms of map design compared to Halo 1), use to love that games multiplayer more than anything.
    Halo 2 had its moments, but it was dominated by Power Weapons, Button Glitches, and the Battle Rifle: all of which made me infuriated beyond belief, which is why I was so mad when Halo 3 migrated from a more expansive starting weapon situation to the H3BR starts that really made the game bland and predictably a shootout. It still was a whole lot of fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    and I think most people would agree that 4 grenades was a bit excessive. The Covenant weapons were mostly disregarded by everyone because they were so difficult to use and Halo 1's splattering system can FUCK RIGHT OFF.
    +Rep. Enough said.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

the battle rifle in halo2 was somewhat undermined by the the fact the energy sword had infinite health and paired with a sniper and a hog you could near enough fly across the map.
    host advantage in Halo 2 was pretty horrendous as well.

Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    the battle rifle in halo2 was somewhat undermined by the the fact the energy sword had infinite health and paired with a sniper and a hog you could near enough fly across the map.
    host advantage in Halo 2 was pretty horrendous as well.
    Yes. I still think the Energy Sword was hilarious though.

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Ascension, swords only, only one will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    Ascension, swords only, only one will survive.
    The others die from lunging off of the edge of the cliffs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information