+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 371 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: "Halo 4: I Get a Woman!" - Sgt. Mjr. A.J. Johnson, RIP

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Halo 4

Didnt want to

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    As for the trailer and the jetpack, I was always under the assumption that the Spartan II's had some kind of built in zero-g maneuvering thrusters in their suits. It would make sense that they were located on the backpack since the suit power-core is there as well. We've never really seen the chief operate in a zero-g environment so I assume that may be the explanation.

Remember, it may not be a full on jetpack that can lift a super soldier in MJOLNIR armor off the ground in-atmosphere.
    It's about time someone mentioned the obvious.
    I mean the first time the Spartans encountered the Covenant in their suits they did make a jump onto a covenant hull in space it would only make sense for later revisions to have integrated stabilizers.

As for the ancient threat, The Flood is the only thing coming to my mind right now.
    The forerunner died so unless it's some kind of automated system aka Onyx sentinels I doubt we would have too much trouble with them.

Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    It's about time someone mentioned the obvious.
    I mean the first time the Spartans encountered the Covenant in their suits they did make a jump onto a covenant hull in space it would only make sense for later revisions to have integrated stabilizers.

As for the ancient threat, The Flood is the only thing coming to my mind right now.
    The forerunner died so unless it's some kind of automated system aka Onyx sentinels I doubt we would have too much trouble with them.
    I'm thinking it's rampant Forerunner AI, like Offensive Bias. I know Mendicant was resolved, but I don't think anyone ever said what happened to Offensive Bias.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of

Did you guys notice he's got a shit ton of damage on him in the trailer? He's missing the plate that covers his crotch, there's damage on his visor, and his one arm looks damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasbianX View Post
    He's missing the plate that covers his crotch,
    Cortana what have you been doing!

Christmas. Capitalism. :| p0lar_bear's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    p0lar_bear is on a distinguished road

I hope that the opening level in the game invovles battling some sort of immediate threat while the chief's armor systems are spazzing out/falling apart, and then when the level's over he gets upgraded.

Kinda like the opening in Megaman Zero 2, where Zero is all falling apart and damaged, and if you pause the game you're presented with a busted-ass version of the pause screen from the first Megaman Zero. Or, on a similar vein, the opening to Castevania: Symphony of the Night, where you fight Dracula as Richter Belmont and you have his moveset and HUD.

I dunno why, but I really like it when a game does stuff like that. Would make sense too, since it seems that he's damaged and stranded out in the middle of space, with no UNSC forces nearby.
    Last edited by p0lar_bear; June 7th, 2011 at 11:02 AM.
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Personal Website/Blog | DeviantArt (Actual Work) | PhotoBucket (General Bulls#!%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Cortana what have you been doing!
    How else are you supposed to wake a human male from slumber in mere seconds if you don't tickle his private parts?

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    I hope that the opening level in the game invovles battling some sort of immediate threat while the chief's armor systems are spazzing out/falling apart, and then when the level's over he gets upgraded.

I dunno why, but I really like it when a game does stuff like that. Would make sense too, since it seems that he's damaged and stranded out in the middle of space, with no UNSC forces nearby.
    At the end of the level, the Chief gets super fun awesome forerunner upgrades to his armour. Call of Duty in space, bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    At the end of the level, the Chief gets super fun awesome forerunner upgrades to his armour. Call of Duty in space, bitches.
    Doubt that's what he meant, but it's gonna happen eventually anyway.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    They got the release of Halo 1 wrong too -- it was November 15, 2001... not 2002.
    In the first few seconds, they also state that in 1994, Bungie was is in Kirkland...they didn't move to WA until MS bought them about six years later lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
    —Halo Waypoint

From the looks of it, there definitely won't be much Covenant in there, if any at all. Maybe it's the Flood, but the trailer seems to point towards something new and different. Either way, I'm quite excited to see what 343i has in store for us since the trailer looked amazing.
    H4 will have you discovering this new threat, more than likely all the machinery and AI that the Forerunner have left behind (now under rampant control). At the very end of H4, you find a way back to Earth, or at least human occupied space, at which point they show the Chief taking off his helmet (once again, out of view) and telling Cortana that things are just getting started...again. H5 will be H2 all over again, except with this new threat. H6 will have the Chief going back in time, 500,000 years, to active the rings in an effort to stop the Foreunner from setting off a chain of events that introduce their rampant AI. He activates the rings too late, and now we have a never ending cycle. H6's tag line: Start The Fight.

The terminals in HA10 will pave the initial tail of what is come in H4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornman00 View Post
    H6 will have the Chief going back in time, 500,000 years, to active the rings in an effort to stop the Foreunner from setting off a chain of events that introduce their rampant AI.
    I C WAT U DID THAR

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information