+ Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 371 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3702

Thread: "Halo 4: I Get a Woman!" - Sgt. Mjr. A.J. Johnson, RIP

Re: Halo 4 prerelease discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    You don't seem to understand what I said. In today's USN, regular E-9s are addressed as Master Chief Whatever-The-Fuck-Their-Last-Name-Is.
    In the lore, he lost his last name after being abducted and was given two pieces of identity. John and 117.
    It is stressed that his identity and even the nature of the Spartan II program is classified. Hell, it's not even announced that the Covenant is fucking over planets yet.
    Do you expect him to just merrily announce, "Why hello there cadets, I am Master Chief Petty Officer John 117," to these people?
    They needed a way to address him, other than 'giant robot guy', and he gave them what he could to get by.
    What I was pointing out was that the Petty Officer half of the title being left out was not wrong.
    Never once did I say he should use a non-existent last name.
    I know what you mean, and this is to early in the lore for people to know that he's a Spartan, or even more specifically "the Chief". So IMO he would of likely stated his rank and number in this case, "Master Chief Petty Officer 117" and left it at that. Very few non-Spartans ever called Spartans by their actual names. Captain Keyes and Dr Halsy being two of the only ones that I know of. They reserved names for talking to each other, otherwise they used ranks and numbers, or shortened ranks and numbers.

My point is that the Chief came off as to socially integrated in his role. When asked who/what he was he should of given a snappy response of "Master Chief one-one-seven", since the "Petty Officer" is implied. He talked way to much in his role IMO, as the Chief always just "did" or gave very brief and concise instructions to other non-Spartan military personnel.

Plasma pistol and needler sound awful.

i think thats the first time ive ever seen a halo game and thought "wow. i really dont care for anything im seeing here".

has there been any statement on why the dmr reloads so fast?
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

He might have the quick reload perk.
    DSalimander: i think id be a pretty girl
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy
    I just can't help myself.... I just love Steve [Jobs].... there is just something about him....I like his ways and I think its the jeans and turtle necks he wears and at times stubbles on his face, he appears to be a down to earth guy..... can't wait to see him again!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post
    He might have the quick reload perk.

oh theres actually perks for that sort of thing? maybe hes using a default class or something, because every video of the dmr ive seen has the guy reloading that fast
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    i think thats the first time ive ever seen a halo game and thought "wow. i really dont care for anything im seeing here".

I liked it....

It'll be a lot of fun.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Christmas. Capitalism. :| p0lar_bear's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    p0lar_bear is on a distinguished road

Call of Halo: Futuristic Warfare 4

And (yes, I know 343I is making it and not Bungie) didn't Bungie also get purchased by/partnered with Activision? I smell a conspiracy...
    "Halo 1 didn't have proper mustache code and that's why the new mustache seems overpowered."
    -ejburke, Nov. 2011
    Personal Website/Blog | DeviantArt (Actual Work) | PhotoBucket (General Bulls#!%)

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

They weren't purchased, they are just in an agreement with Activision to publish their next game.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

So I hate the weapon sounds and most of the covvie reticles, but the rest looks okay. Except for killcams and perks. Yeahhhhh

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information