+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 348 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3472

Thread: "Halo 4: I Get a Woman!" - Sgt. Mjr. A.J. Johnson, RIP

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Halo 4, now on your xmom 360

Hey bobblehob, go back your extruded boxes or what ever it is you do and quit bitching when people discuss subjects you have no interest in?

Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    Hey bobblehob, go back your extruded boxes or what ever it is you do and quit bitching when people discuss subjects you have no interest in?
    If I had no interest I wouldn't be posting :3 I am just more interested in coming to the Halo 4 thread and reading about Halo 4 news, instead of this ongoing stupid conversation.

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblehob View Post
    If I had no interest I wouldn't be posting :3 I am just more interested in coming to the Halo 4 thread and reading about Halo 4 news, instead of this ongoing stupid conversation.
    If you want news, you should check the news outlets, Waypoint forums and the like.
    This is not the place to look for news,

Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    If you want news, you should check the news outlets, Waypoint forums and the like.
    This is not the place to look for news,
    Are you kidding? Look back through the thread and look at every single new piece of info that was posted pretty much on the day it came out in this thread. It definitely is a place for news about the game. And even with the occasional idiocy, the conversation here is much more intelligent than any of the other discussion forums.

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with them discussing Halo and having a Halo-related debate (not argument) in a Halo 4 topic.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

You are probably right, Its more a case of seeing that there are new posts! Yay! maybe some new renders! Nope... people arguing about plot holes in the canon... Uggh xP If it were a debate that had some useful outcome I would be happier, but meh, Im just frustrated in general today.

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

If it ain't Wednesday, or the day of a special event (eg, E3, PAX, etc), then you should already know not to get your hopes up for anything new, even renders.

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

Well the Weekly Bulletin released today on Halo Waypoint, Bobblehob, so go check that out!

And here's a link https://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headline...etin-7612.aspx
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo003 View Post
    ^Lol. Considering you often find plotholes in things pretty fast, I was wondering when you'd show up to post.

You should never compare Sci-Fi's when trying to find plotholes in one. It just doesn't make any sense. That's like comparing an FPS to a 3PS. Sure, they're both shooters, but they have a number of differences that you simply can't compare, not to mention the subject matter of both could be completely different. You should also reserve your opinions to opinionated subjects. Finding plotholes is not an opinionated subject.

1.) Yes, but Sabre's were experimental none-of-the-less. They were full-proofed by the time the Covenant attacked Reach and who's to say that the UNSC wasn't working on ships that could possibly utilize this same tech. Unfortunately, the Covenant showed up on Reach and caused that research to be buried. ONI probably had most of the data on those ships and the other tech involved, but it's apparent that AFTER THE FALL OF REACH they lacked the resources/time to create them. Keep in mind, Halo 2 happened half a year after Halo 1. Most giant technological advancements need 5 years to develop or adapt. Considering human starships in Halo still had crew members disappearing from slipspace jumps, slipspace jumps were often guestimations as to where the plotting would actually warp them in, and that slipspace jumps took months at a time to go from point A to B, I'd say something as revolutionary/design changing as integrating a physics and power altering energy shield would take more than several months.
    2.) Their Fusion engines have been noted to be barely efficient for what's required to keep all systems running. The Improved-Fusion engines only existed on certain ships like the In Amber Clad and Pillar of Autumn. I'm also not certain where you're finding that human ships were superior power-wise to Covenant ships. Source?
    3.) If they arrive on time at all. A battle starts now and the rest of the Fleet shows up a month later? Cool, thanks for the delayed entry man! By the way, 200,000 have just died because our technology sucks. OH WELL! The Covenant OWNED UNSC ships in space combat. It's been said so many times in this series.

Is that what your entire argument is about? Hell, just stop it then. I'm arguing in canon because it's where these arguments about plotholes take place. Whether or not the humanity in the Halo universe is shitty until 2500 is beside the point.
    Sure you should compare. They provide good examples of how to make a coherent universe. I'm not telling you that Halo's canon sucks because humans aren't all wearing power armour and throwing miniature nukes around, or that it sucks because there is no secret society causing events in the galaxy to coalesce into some grand design. I'm simply saying it sucks because everything they do, they do for cool-factor and then they retroactively change the mechanics and/or plot in order to fit.

tl;dr: Bungie and 343i pulling a Lucas.

1. The main point about shields was that it started off small...which doesn't make sense because I'd think it more likely that the first generation to be these big, inefficient things that are totally unworkable at the infantry level but usable on a large scale. The development of the shields is backwards to me. That said, I'm flexible on the shields for the simple reason that there is nothing remotely believable about them except that they require a hefty power source.

2. Not what I read. If I recall, in First Strike Cortana made a note about how unrefined Covenant fusion reactors were compared to human designs. The implication is that we are better at it. What we are not as good at are slipspace navigation and sub-luminal locomotion. The Covenant have some crafty trick for sub-luminal motion and don't simply rely on magnetic bottles like humans do. Something to do with their grav-tech I believe. So yeah, the Covenant have huge inefficient reactors that have greater output due to sheer size rather than better engineering. In any event, Halo never explains how either side gets the energy from fusion into a usable form. No mention of steam turbines, thermocouples, etc. Only "reactor output." The whole "omg fusion" thing is almost a total gimmick for that reason.

3. I know they owned human ships in space combat. They were, however, total push-overs against those Super MACs, which could one-shot even the largest vessels. That was clear as day in Fall of Reach. The Covenant were getting their asses handed to them until the generators on the ground went offline. The result is a hole in the grid to be exploited.

You act like I haven't read my Halo fiction. I'm well aware of it. I'm just saying they need to reconstruct it from the ground up so that it works better with their themes. They don't have to throw everything out. They don't even have to be hardcore science fiction about it. Halo's problem is that it's a game first and an engaging world second. They let their games get in the way of a story instead of trying to get both to serve the needs of each other.

And before anybody says "aliens in purple body armour," not a single Covenant soldier wears purple body armour at any point in the series until Reach...why Zealots are purple now is beyond me.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Blog Entries
    TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just throwing this out there, a Super Magnetic Accelerator Cannon platform launches a 3,000 ton ferric-tungsten slug at four-tenths the speed of light. A single round can obliterate a single ship, punch through and knock out another, and still cripple a third ship. If the mathematics are done correctly, even if a covenant capital ship COULD stop the shell, it would be vaporized from the sheer amount of thermodynamic energy released from impact.

Earth had 300 of these mother fuckers.
    Last edited by TeeKup; July 6th, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information