+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [SCRIPTS] Few tele things, and Wizard Magic scripts

HCE Information Library Kirby_422's Avatar
    Kirby_422 is on a distinguished road

Re: [SCRIPTS] Few tele things, and Wizard Magic scripts

By tossing the VM on my laptop, I was finally able to host a dedi and try a few things as a client.

So, scripts don't activate on clients, only host. This means only things that transmit from host to clients will be seen, and things such as camera scripts will not work. Since object_create scripts always have the host send out that its made it like halo 1, these will still work. And you won't have to worry about clients making doubles since the script won't execute on their side. Since effects are transferred from host to client (hadn't ever done much to check this in h1, it was just something I came across, but H2 further strengthens this argument since effects do occur on clients when caused by scripts)

Also, bipeds seem to sync worse than H1. only 1 of my bipeds showed up when I was a client... this will mean that we can't use bipeds to sync.. also, 2/3 vehicles didn't get placed. I could blow them up and have the garbage tags come off (more proof of effects being sent) Problem is that since clients can't run scripts, they can't recreate them if they aren't there since they can't use scripts.

This also explains why you couldn't see the teleporter on the warthog. because on your side it wasn't there. When you where moved though, the server told you that you where moved, so you still got teleported.

KIRABOSHI!

Well, at least its good to know what we can do.

One thing, we could see the Teleporters (from the back of the Hog), however they did not move with the Hog and they stayed floating in the center of the map at X:0Y:0Z:0, so it was visible.

If you guys want to test anything out hit me up!

Aim: leorimolo

I also have some scritps I want to test online....

Leorimolo, I'm guessing you never saw the PM on youtube I sent you? anyways, just made a new AIM account, heathcaswell, added you (man its been so long since I used AIM lol)

KIRABOSHI!

Kirby,

From what I looked at in a HCE scenario file the Cutscene Titles are pretty similar to the ones in H2V. I have the script commands set-up, I have the Chapter Title Text. I copied the same text bounds from an H2X tutorial and compared them to their HCE equivalent yet they still fail to appear anywhere onscreen. Not sure if you have a clue about this one, if so here is the source (the lines commented out are just how I test, you can ignore most of those):

Code:
    (script startup map_title
       (hud_clear_messages)
       (show_hud_messages 1)
       (map_info)
    ;;   (time_code_start 1)
    ;;   (time_code_show 1)
    ;;   (show_hud_timer 1)
    ;;   (show_hud_help_text 1)
    ;;   (hud_enable_training 1)
    ;;   (hud_show_training_text 1)
    ;;   (player_training_activate_stealth)
    ;;   (hud_set_training_text title)
    ;;
    ;;   (print "H2MT - Kills Alone of MonstrMoose.com")
    ;;
       (cinematic_set_title "title")
       (cinematic_subtitle "subtitle" 60)
    )
    Then in the scenario:

Name(s): Title + Subtitle

Text Bounds: t:425 l:0 b:444 r:597

Font: Title Font + Subtitle Font

Text Color: Blue + Red with a black shadow for each

Fade in Time: 1

Up Time: 120

Fade out Time: 1

*Note that H2V doesn't seem to have the string index option like HCE.

The Chapter Title Text: Cutscene_Title

[Strings]
    title= "Outskirts"
    subtitle= "H2MT"
    Last edited by Resinball; June 23rd, 2011 at 07:44 PM.

Another unrelated scripting question.

For a zombies game; could a script force team-change at (anyone but green teams) player death?

ya, the cutscene titles didn't show up when I tried. and changing teams.. you can attach AI to them (if you can get the AI working) and change the AI's team.. then you can have them treated as enemy. You would play as a free for all, but you should show up as friendly and enemy on the radar.

Picking up and chucking stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj0ftz0foIU

Also, im on the teamspeak server if you want to talk.

KIRABOSHI!

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Halo 2 uses string_ids now, not raw string indexes. Also IIRC, you need to have called (cinematic_start) before anything will show up.

I put cinematic start into my test. Named the cutscene title and object in the string list the same things. Checked the h2 SP scripts, they called an actual name rather than just a number. Korn, if you could extract a SP scenario tag as well as its cutscene text file, it would help a lot in this, aswell as other things like AI squad setups (unless H2 MP just flatout refuses AI and I've been making fine squads the entire time.. which I believe I have since built-in-gunners don't show up either).

KIRABOSHI!

Korn,

Yep same here, I went through the H2X SP scripts and tried combining all the relevant commands I could find including (cinematic_start) and (cinematic_stop), they were in the following scripts. It doesn't seem to add up because it does compile, does not complain and the map appears in the custom map list.

The only thing I wasn't really sure about was the Cutscene_Title and how its expected to be setup, so I just used the same naming scheme as for other text blocks like the map description and Territory names.

----------------

Kirby,

Remember you can use Gravemind to look at a compiled .map file. It doesn't show everything but occasionally it can be useful for seeing if some sections compiled correctly.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information