+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Canadians, if you value your privacy, you will heed this message

Exclamation Canadians, if you value your privacy, you will heed this message

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMedia.ca
    The government is trying to ram through an anti-Internet set of electronic surveillance laws that will invade your privacy and cost you money. The plan is to force every phone and Internet provider to surrender our personal information to "authorities" without a warrant.

This bizarre legislation will create Internet surveillance that is:
    • Warrantless: A range of "authorities" will have the ability to invade the private lives of law-abiding Canadians and our families using wired Internet and mobile devices, without a warrant or any justification.
    • Invasive and Dangerous: The laws leave our personal and financial information less secure and more susceptible to cybercrime.
    • Costly: Internet services providers may be forced to install millions of dollars worth of spying technology and the cost will be passed down to YOU.

If enough of us speak out now the government will have no choice but to stop this mandatory online spying scheme. Sign the petition now, and forward it to everyone you know →

Sign the petition: HERE

Nothing else to say. Sign the petition or you are inviting the government to control your lives in more ways than one.
    Last edited by Amit; June 22nd, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Re: Canadians, if you value your privacy, you will heed this message

Signed, this legislation is disgusting and I can not believe that Harper will probably get away with it.

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NVOUS View Post
    Signed, this legislation is disgusting and I can not believe that Harper will probably get away with it.
    But harper's a great guy.
    Right Freelancer?

Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    But harper's a great guy.
    Right Freelancer?
    Hey man, let's not get personal here. I have no doubt in my mind that Freelancer opposes this bill.

Local Pokémon Professor thehoodedsmack's Avatar
    thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone who opposes online surveillance, put your name on this online sheet.

That doesn't sound like the smartest idea, does it?

Regardless, I support this initiative.

By the way, we may as well just register modacity.ca with the direction the forum's taking lately.

15500+ signatures in just 4 hours? We're on the right track.

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

What the fuck is this shit? I would go and write in a bunch of Harper hating...but what's the point?

Either way, I support this.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

HCE Information Library Kirby_422's Avatar
    Kirby_422 is on a distinguished road

I gave up on everything the moment harper got in. More so, the morons who gave him a majority.. I tried to explain to everyone I knew that he planned to destroy the internet, but nobody seemed to care... I even explained to them about how everything they have and do is illegal under his laws, the fools...

Harper has a majority, its the same as a dictatorship; what Harper wants Harper gets.

Also, look up the program Ultrasurf. Its what the chinese use to avoid their goverment online, I don't see why it wouldn't work for ours (other than our blocks and such are probably going to cost billions of tax payer dollars for stuff we don't even want)

KIRABOSHI!

I'm going to reserve judgement until I know more details.

For example what do they mean by "surrender our personal information to "authorities"", what kinds of information?

And does this have some sort of catch as in "they need to suspect you of illegal activity, terrorism etc". Or will it literally be a random check on Internet uses?

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

When they say personal information, they mean everything. All of it. Anything on your hard drives, stuff in your webspace, anything that is electronic, basically.
    Last edited by Amit; June 22nd, 2011 at 03:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information