+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crysis one to be remade?

Hybrid View

Re: Crysis one to be remade?

well until i read that article i didnt know crysis 1 was not on consoles. i guess it makes sense to put crysis 1 on consoles seeing as theyve made pretty decent console sales with crysis 2. it would make the game more accessible too since cryengine 3 is a lot more optimized than cryengine 2 or whatever crysis 1 runs on iirc.
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

RedBaron is on a distinguished road

Would pretty much look like shit unless they ported the whole game to cryengine 3. Unless they do a switcheroo and release it for the next gen microsoft console.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTA_011692 View Post
    Would pretty much look like shit unless they ported the whole game to cryengine 3. Unless they do a switcheroo and release it for the next gen microsoft console.
    You could probably push somewhat high details on CryEngine 2 on 360 hardware if you run at sub-HD resolutions, which loads of 360 titles do, like 1024x600 or 960x540 or something.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

I was about to say, if it was just a remake because they've made two somewhat-newer engines since its release, then:

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

2 engines? I thought that Cryengine 3 was the only one they've made since Cryengine 2?

I think it would be a good idea to bring it to consoles. It's a good game and they need a multiplayer game that is sandbox, but not Halo. The main issue is that the game wouldn't run on consoles. That's why they made CryEngine 3 and optimized the hell out of Crysis 2. Crysis 1 would be going a step backwards in terms of visuals. I still think they should port the game over to CryEngine 3 and optimize the hell out of it. They'd redeem themselves a bit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information