Closed Thread
Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: SAPP

kylelop52 is on a distinguished road

Re: SAPP

Is there a way of setting teleports in a sapp server, for instance walking into a rock will teleport you 2 a cliff and vice versa. sapp would be so sick if their was support for a feature like this ???

sanni is on a distinguished road

I hope you don't mind me posting ideas I have here, even though they may be stupid ;D

But here is goes:

A "save state" command. It saves the current state of the game, e.g. all players positions, health, shield, weapons, scores, kills, deaths. And you can revert to that state with a "load state" command.

Now you could use this in several ways:
    - For example if there is a league match and someone drops out, you could do an automatic player quit -> save state script. So when he rejoins the admin could load the game state from the moment the players dropped out.

Suggestion #2:

Map Downloading Queue via text file.

Since Gameservers.com is really bad I find myself constantly moving the server to a different location. Mondays UK is good weekends NL and now and then the German servers are the only one not lagging. One thing I hate is that either I have to slowly ftp all the custom maps over to the new server or I use the build in function in sapp to download each map to the server. Which can take some time too.

It would be just beast if I could just drop a mapqueue.txt file in the sapp folder and sapp would auto download all the maps I specify in there.

thats a good idea sanni.

Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute

I've been noticing some weird issues with the teleport command. It seems like the server-side is registering the player as teleported, but client-side is not.

Ex: I don't visually move, I appear to stay in the same spot. However other people in the server don't see me in the original spot, I can't interact with anything in the original spot, and sometimes the game syncs up and I end up teleporting many seconds/moments later.
    Last edited by Cortexian; February 4th, 2013 at 08:30 PM.

I have those "can't interact with anything"-moments quite often. Maybe once a week and totally unrelated to teleporting. Just like 5 seconds where the client and the server don't sync. Maybe there is a bug somewhere idk.

Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I've noticed it without teleporting a bit recently as well.

I just switched over to using the stings only version though.

sehe has much to be proud of sehe has much to be proud of sehe has much to be proud of sehe has much to be proud of sehe has much to be proud of sehe has much to be proud of sehe has much to be proud of sehe has much to be proud of sehe has much to be proud of sehe has much to be proud of

Yeah looks like the fast thread cycle can make playrs with very low ping desync for some seconds. No solution yet.

Explains why moving my server from Germany(10ms ping) to NL(20ms) helped a little but still not fixed the desync issue xD.
    Hope u find a solution because getting called a lagger by vaib hurts my feelings xD.

Relating to Map Downloads:

Would it be possible to show the size of the map files in the query list?

Also, what about options that can set a max total amount of maps that a server can have on it, a way to turn off the map downloading feature, and a special logging file for downloaded maps (who downloaded what and when)?

Closed Thread

Thread Information