+ Reply to Thread

Thread: intel gma hd and cs 1.6

Mr Buckshot is on a distinguished road

intel gma hd and cs 1.6

got my hands on an Acer TimelineX 1830T 11.6" with a core i3 380UM @ 1.33 Ghz (suck it Atom) and the intel GMA HD that's integrated into the die of the 1st gen core i-series. Slick machine, and actually suitable for multitasking work and HD videos, unlike Atom. Hell, virtual machines run better on this than natively on Atom.

I'm trying to turn this into a "portable gaming system", and yes I know an intel IGP is not exactly meant for games, especially when paired with a ULV processor, so obviously I'm not gonna bother with newer titles like L4D or COD4, but older titles (i.e. GoldSrc engine games, Starcraft 1) and most of the Humble Bundle games should work great on this. Even some of the original Source-engine titles like CS:S are playable.

Thus far all the low-requirement games I've put on this "subnotebook" are running great, but there's one bewildering exception - CS 1.6. I'm running at 1024x768 and I've tried all 3 rendering modes (OpenGL, D3D, software). OpenGL gives the best performance, but I still rarely exceed the high-20s fps, with below 20 fps often. What's even stranger is that CS:S actually runs better (1024x768 lowest), with over 40 fps for the most part. Doesn't make sense since CS 1.6 is running on an engine that's over 10 years old. I've tried tweaking it, but the in-game menu has fewer options than the first release of Crysis 2.

Anyone using a first-gen i-series GMA HD able to suggest anything? thanks.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute

Re: intel gma hd and cs 1.6

Use a tweaked config file. There has to be a ton of those.

Mr Buckshot is on a distinguished road

Re: intel gma hd and cs 1.6

Shit, I can't believe I totally forgot about that. Been way too long since I had to resort to .cfg file tweaking lol.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information