+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 3

ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of

Gears of War 3

Reviews are hitting. I wouldn't call myself a Gears fan, but I've enjoyed the series enough that when I saw Amazon had a $20 credit for preordering, I pulled the trigger. I've only checked a couple of the reviews so far (from critics I trust) and it's looking like a good decision.

Horde 2.0 sounds sweet. I think Gears' gameplay lends itself better to hunkering down and defending a position than Halo gameplay, due to the cover system and emphasis on flanking. On top of that, you earn cash to build emplacements, lay out razor wire, and do all sorts of shit. Firefight is great, but I don't think it ever knocked off Horde 1.0 as the standard-bearer for that type of experience and Horde 2.0 seems to be splitting that lead wide open. (It's okay, Halo, your strength is fighting from one side of an encounter to the other, not standing in one spot, twiddling thumbs. DON'T YOU EVER BE ASHAMED OF THAT!)

Am I the only one on board for Gears 3? The fact that I had to start this thread probably answers that question.
    GT - Echo Ten

TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute TeeKup has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Gears of War 3

Slightly interested in the story, no interest in the multiplayer, high interest in Horde 2.0.

I'll get it after I buy all my other holiday shopping.

i just want to see the art.

dont care much for the game. (dont own any consoles derp)
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of JackalStomper has much to be proud of

I was super into Gears 1 multiplayer, Gears 2 not so much. Always liked the story though, will probably get it at some point, just not at release.

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

Loved GoW1, Gow2 was good but multiplayer was complete shit imo, it added to many unnecessary things that weren't fun. Getting gow3 though, should be good from what I've seen and heard.
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of ejburke has much to be proud of

For those that put stock in metacritic averages, the game is currently carrying a 92. The reviews on the lower end of the spectrum were 4/5 stars, which get translated as 80%. Keeping in mind that this game is going to have points deducted simply for being the third Gears of War game, it must have some things going for it.

I'm with you guys on previous opinions of Gears games. Mild interest in campaign no interest in multiplayer. But I'm starting to get excited about re-evaluating those conclusions.
    GT - Echo Ten

Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute

i have gears one and two. mainly play them for the ridiculousness of them. i love going into local multiplayer and turning on 9 bots and just duking it out.

that said, i have no intention of spending 60 dollars on it (because steam has me used to 5 dollar deals ). gears multiplayer never interested me much, and i dont have my xbox at college with me, and i canceled my gold xbl subscription, because frankly i havent even touched my xbox (like, literally, havent even laid a finger on it) since i got my pc. if it ends up going below 20 bucks, i MIGHT pick it up when im back home this summer.

or port it to pc, have a steam sale with it, and then i might consider it too.

Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

This video is unable to be displayed because the YouTube video tags were used incorrectly. Please review proper use of the tags here.

Don't really care tbh. Now I got Space Marine which is a similar experience to Gears except 40,000 times better. Eagerly awaiting Space Marine 2: Metal Boxes.

I've got the Limited Edition preordered. I love the Gears games.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information