+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best military technology?

Emmzee is on a distinguished road

Best military technology?

There's a lot of people who show appreciation for the military on this forum.
    Here's what I think are the best innovations of ever.
    1. Chinese Chu Ko Nu, otherwise known as the repeating crossbow. An untrained individual could fire a bolt every 2 seconds, and a skilled marksman could fire over a round a second with as much accuracy as a skilled bowman.
    http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/ind...showtopic=3777
    That's how to make one.
    2. Napalm. Worked wonders in 'Nam and WW2.
    3. The flamethrower. First introduced in WW1, it emptied trenches in a hurry, and worked wonders in the jungles of Japanese islands and Vietnam.
    What about you guys?
    ME STOMPING NERDS!!!

Re: Best military technology?

who has the best military technology?

US

whos the best a using military technology?

not the US, thats a general overview, theres individuals in US military that totally rock =D

some US sniper shot a guy from like 1 mile or so with a 7.92mm, it had like a 400ft range or some thing like that, it was an insane shot the guy could only see the terrorists top part of his body, and the scope was out of range too...

Kay, but that isn't talking about military technology, that's just a really good shot. I could do that with a deer rifle.
    ME STOMPING NERDS!!!

Could've Moved Mountains
    Blog Entries
    legionaire45 is on a distinguished road

1) Nuclear Weapons: While it is quite a profound technical achievement, the fact that is #1 on my list is a little scary. Weapons this powerful shouldn't belong to anyone, especially because of the fallout and the after affects.
    2) ICBM: Interesting piece of tech right here, some may group this with the nuke, but not all ICBM's carry nukes, so im putting it here in its own little group anyways.
    3) BAR: Awesome gun. Sadly, wasn't used as much as it should have been due to fears of it being copied. Still an awesome weapon
    4) Cloaking tech currently in the works: Hey, they have it succesfully bending microwaves, so we may just soon have active camo =D.
    5) The Gun: in the 600-ish years that the gun has been around, a lot has improved, but these things changed history for the better (Helped kill off Fuedalism since Knights were no longer very hard to kill. Without Knights the Fuedal system lost one of its legs and collapsed).
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Emmzee View Post
    Kay, but that isn't talking about military technology, that's just a really good shot. I could do that with a deer rifle.
    .308, 30-06...??? Wow, that's quite an assertion.

Anyways, imo the best military innovations are as follows:

-GPS- makes a lot of difference in +/-30 sec tactical insertions.

-NVG's- When I was in the Marine Corps, low light ops were the pinnacle of every training regime for a good reason.

-GORE-TEX- While I served my enlistment I saw the transition from out dated, Korean era "gumby" suits to high-speed-low-drag "breathable" materials being used in everything from the sleeping bags to the field jackets. Anyone that has slept in a foxhole, knee deep in freezing rain can tell you there is quite a distinction between heavy wool and goose down compared to light synthetics.

-MRE's- not even kidding...if you have had the pleasure of knowing the palatable difference between C-rats and the "five fingers of death" (beef stick meal) showered with Tabasco, you know the difference between purgatory and hell.

Although the war against insurgent guerrillas was initially fought from the air, time has shown that the good ole grunt is the best defense/counter offense we have against an enemy that is hard to find. The items above, imo, are way more valuable than any laser guided missile or smart bomb.

Local Pokémon Professor thehoodedsmack's Avatar
    thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute

I personally like the US army's new "Javelin" portable rocket launcher. Look it up, it on the web.

Gun Powder

I win.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickssj6 View Post
    Gun Powder

I win.
    No you don't. You never explained it. Plus, the original gunpowder sucked.
    ME STOMPING NERDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmzee View Post
    No you don't. You never explained it. Plus, the original gunpowder sucked.
    Without the original gunpowder there wouldn't be handguns/rifles now.

The bomber.

From carpet bombing in Germany and Japan to dropping PGM's today, the bomber is a vital and important part of any military.

Cruise missile owns, too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information