+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is Modacity's policy for kicking players from HaloCE?

Malarkey is on a distinguished road

Unhappy What is Modacity's policy for kicking players from HaloCE?

I frequent your HaloCE servers because of the autobalance, AFK kick, and ping kick. I was playing on your Death Island server today and was kicked. I rejoined and asked why I was kicked, and someone named LuMoNiX told me he didn't like my name after which I was kicked again. Since I have been playing on your servers for a while, and never had any problems previously, I'm confused as to why my name choice is now a problem on your servers. That and I don't see anything objectionable about it in the first place. So what is your policy? Or did LuMoNiX just wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Rob

InnerGoat killed my dakimakura waifu because I didn't post my desk :( jcap's Avatar
    jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What is Modacity's policy for kicking players from HaloCE?

I reviewed the server logs and I see that around 3:30 PM EST you got kicked. It looks like it happened immediately after a new game was starting. I can tell you that LuMoNiX did not kick you (he's not even a moderator), so he was probably just pulling your leg. It seems the server app kicked you, but there's no log entries telling me why. I'm not sure if it was a bug, if your ping was high, or if the server accidentally thought you were AFK. If you continue to have any problems, let us know.

Malarkey is on a distinguished road

That's good to know. Come to think of it, I have been kicked from that server before. That time I was told I had been kicked for being AFK, but I was just coming into the base with the flag... I was also told that no one has complained about being unjustly kicked before. Anyway, the message I got today was that the server operator had kicked me from the server.

Rob

Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute Cortexian has a reputation beyond repute

Our CE servers initially tell players the reason they are being kicked in the server chat. Every kick message results with the Halo game client notifying you that "you were kicked by the server operator". There's no way to change that message from the server so it will display that for all kicks, from all servers (it's the same with bans).

The only "reason for a kick" that you need to watch for is the one in the game chat.

Good to know you enjoy our servers, and as jcap said, please let is know if you have anymore issues!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information