+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: CMT's TSC: Evolved - 7/26/13 - month over

Re: CMT SPv3 - 12/2/11 Update - New Media Inside!

Only if that spiker's still a 1 hit kill.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, melee only pretty much describes my experiences with Halo 2 and 3. You get all of jack and shit for ammunition in those games, so you end up punching everything to death to conserve said jack and shit.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

Assets look good but we can't judge new gameplay from a montage, and some things still look out of place when the entire ship interiors are still using default everything. I'll reserve judgement for the final thing.
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by higuy View Post
    Assets look good but we can't judge new gameplay from a montage, and some things still look out of place when the entire ship interiors are still using default everything. I'll reserve judgement for the final thing.
    It said in the trailer that the interiors are easily a WIP....

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw View Post
    No way to put it lightly: tacti-cool is gay. Tactical is alright.
    Yeah, the ACOG scope on the SMG flat out looks gay, especially with the red cubemap on the lense. the H3 ODST sight looked wayyy better.

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo003 View Post
    It said in the trailer that the interiors are easily a WIP....
    My point still stands clear, if all there going to be doing to the actual BSPs is just texture changes and prettying up the shaders, things are still going to look very out of place. The exterior of the map looks extremely grungy/dark too, while the original was pretty light compared to it, even if it was a desert.
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by higuy View Post
    My point still stands clear, if all there going to be doing to the actual BSPs is just texture changes and prettying up the shaders, things are still going to look very out of place. The exterior of the map looks extremely grungy/dark too, while the original was pretty light compared to it, even if it was a desert.
    I can agree to this. I think a50 should still retain that "red clay" look to it. It's kind of its trademark aesthetic color, like Tip of the Spear's "red clay" hues or a30's grey cliffs and green valleys.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

I really like that they're changing the environments (especially the snow exterior to a50, love it) since it gives the experience a nice new touch.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Yeah, the ACOG scope on the SMG flat out looks gay, especially with the red cubemap on the lense. the H3 ODST sight looked wayyy better.
    ^

Furthermore, I don't see why in the world you would have such a scope on a submachine gun. It's like an overused joke, sure it's funny the first one or two times but after a while it's just old and stupid. Sure this may look cool in passing, but the commodity is going to get old (unless your entire game was based around absurdness, eg, Saints Row). Even in a quasi-realistic game it just doesn't fit. It's not a precision weapon. It doesn't have a selector fire; you can't go from full auto to semi. This SMG, IMO, shouldn't be an SMG or at least shouldn't be called the SMG since Halo has already defined its idea of an SMG.

Halo's SMG is lower cost and compact form of the AR (in that it offers automatic fire) with an even higher rate of fire, but uses smaller round. The rounds are both smaller and caseless, meaning no shells are left behind making it the perfect weapon for covert inflitration operations that ODSTs would perform. It's less accurate than the AR but it's not meant for long distance assaults but instead close up skirmishes (again, making it a great additon to the ODST's arsenal). The scope like that in SPV3 doesn't make sense with the insane recoil the the SMG has.

The weapon present in SPV3 seems to be throw in just-because then turned around to be given some sense of purpose that isn't really served in Halo1. I can understand the addition of the brute weapons since, well the brutes are included in the gameplay. I can understand if the Halo SMG was included since ODSTs are explicitly in the game now as well. But I don't see the purpose of this SMG when there's the AR. IIRC, you can't even zoom with this weapon.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

I also think adding mid-ranged scoped weapons on a50 is a terribad idea. What made that level unique is that you were forced to work with close quarters guns or long range sniper rifles on a map that would have been perfect for the pistol (and therefore the BR, Carbine, etc.).

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information