+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATLAS

Lightbulb ATLAS

Well, not too long ago, the brillian boys at 343 Industries came out with a clever little real-time GPS-like device for monitoring your current position as well as the position of various weapons, vehicles, and other players within the game. The Assisted Tactical Assault System (ATLAS) is a brilliant work of engineering in the eyes of a simpleton, such as myself.

From this video.

ATLAS (Assisted Tactical Assault System), a new maps and strategy experience for Halo: Reach, is available now as part of Halo Waypoint on Windows Phone 7, Android, and iOS devices. 343 Industries teamed up with Brady Games to bring you detailed Multiplayer and Firefight maps from Halo: Reach in ATLAS, including Noble, Defiant, and the new Anniversary maps.
    I found one major drawback, as mentioned in the above quote. It isn't for the computer.

Be that is it may, I found the applications for this, er, application rather intriguing. Here is where I begin a proposal. Let's get this for Halo: CE.

*slap!* Ow, that hurt! Sure, it isn't simple, and I hardly know where to begin. Imagine it, for just a minute: real-time positioning of your teammates across the canyon of Blood Gulch. Track the enemy flag carrier and dispatch him immediately. Find that pesky spawn-killing sniper and end his spree with ease.

I'll let this idea sit out and marinate for a while. Surely our combined might can come up with something useful.
    Last edited by NneYaTano; December 14th, 2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    I'm not changing your name to Tnnaas.

Re: ATLAS

This is obviously cheatsies.

And only benefits people with smartphones :| Well I guess 343i expects everyone to be rich.

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey now, even poor people own iphones. How else do you think they became poor in the first place?

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ryx View Post
    This is obviously cheatsies.

And only benefits people with smartphones :| Well I guess 343i expects everyone to be rich.
    You want to know how much my smartphone cost me?
    £30, without contract even.
    Not everyone who has a smartphone is rich.

yeah really what the hell. I've got a g2x and I'm not exactly the richest person on the planet

It is a total cheat as it adds features and battlefield info that only paying players can use. Way to off-balance the gameplay 343i. When you are ingame you cannot always tell exactly where someone is (or if all weapons have spawned), with this app you can. IMO, knowing what is going on on the battlefield is up to you the player, its part of the gameplay...having it all displayed seems so cheap. Yes, handy, but cheap.

I will say this though, when the original Xbox was about to come out and I saw the huge monster of a controller, I always thought that some HUD information should be displayed on your controller (the huge circle that said XBox) so that if you wanted to know how many bullets you had you would need to look at you controller somewhat like looking at a display on your weapon, granted this was before I had even played (or seen) Halo CE. Yes, it probably does make more sense that the bullets show up on your face HUD, but still just imagine the possibilities. And now we have these features, except you have to pay extra and its not provided in such a convenient manner.

lol the video on that site. how obvious was it that the first guy in the blue shirt was reading from a script
    E: the only thing i really take issue with is being able to see your team mates and when theyre in combat from that birds eye view perspective. as far as ranked gameplay goes, everything this offers is essentially stuff you could do yourself by remembering where stuff is. the ability to use it in custom games to show all that stuff is bad. i can see it now: a bunch of kids start talking shit and wanna have a fight with some other people in a custom game, and theyre all abusing this app.

although then again, the only time ive partaken in one of those "rematches" is when these two kids wanted to fight 6 of us in slayer with only swords and grenades on spire. we set the suicide penalty to +10 points
    Last edited by Donut; December 14th, 2011 at 06:14 PM.
    Playing BC2 again. I'll take shitty hit registration due to Brazillian lag over built in shitty hit reg.

It doesn't matter anyways. Who the hell is going to pull out their big up iPad just to see where one single person on the enemy team is? Smartphones are not expensive, the plans that make the phones cheap are expensive and you're tied to that contract for a good many years. The shitty Android phones are the ones that don't have contracts.

droids are the shit. you don't see me talking shit about wp7 and iphones.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    It doesn't matter anyways. Who the hell is going to pull out their big up iPad just to see where one single person on the enemy team is? Smartphones are not expensive, the plans that make the phones cheap are expensive and you're tied to that contract for a good many years. The shitty Android phones are the ones that don't have contracts.
    Uh, you don't HAVE to go into a contract when you buy a phone. You just have to be willing to pay full price for it rather than the subsidized price. This is where Amazon comes in real handy.

Also, it's easier to buy a phone off contract if you're using a carrier whose network is GSM-based. SIM card swapping FTW. Fuck CDMA.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information