+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CA same-sex marriage ban gets another day in court

neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

Re: CA same-sex marriage ban gets another day in court

though that's preopably true for alot of people, i guess it's fair for other people to feel differently about it.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it should even be called marriage by law for any coupling, but whatever.

Who cares if a gay marriage might make someone else happy. Who cares if I won't ever meet that person and they won't ever affect my life in any way.

It offends my religion.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

People who think as above are incredibly self-centered. I don't have a problem with people having beliefs different than mine. I invite those kinds of discussions. But when you say someone doesn't deserve the rights you have because of them, I get quite upset. Just to be clear I know you are being sarcastic Pooky

Quote Originally Posted by TVTyrant View Post
    I don't have a problem with people having beliefs different than mine.
    I'd like to bring up this point. One of my greatest pet-peeves is intolerance towards others, especially under beliefs.

"Oh, you don't like me? Burn in Hell."

Really? Okay, I'm atheist myself, but I don't go around yelling at every Bible-thumping Christian across the state of Kansas telling them that their God doesn't exist. I'm not negative against Church, nor the holidays in which I celebrate with friends and family. But if I were to go around, avoid stepping into a church the rest of my life, and condemning Easter as the worst thing in existence, I'd be the biggest douche-canoe on the Earth.

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cortexian View Post
    That said, why exactly do you need to be legally married. You can pursue relationships without marriage, being married is just a status symbol/stereotypical thing now-a-days. I'll probably never get legally married unless my waifu really wants to.
    There are certain "benefits" involved with legal marriage, there's certain customs involved that cannot be used in normal unionships, one of which that's used often is tax breaks and the other is certain involvements when one person dies the other is given permission to over see the action taken after where as if you're in a typical relationship, it's the family's right to deal as seen fit.
    There have been cases where one person has died and their lover has been disallowed from attending the funeral simply because the couple were not married and the family didn't like the deceased's lover.

Local Pokémon Professor thehoodedsmack's Avatar
    thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute

Get rid of marriage. Institute a modern Family Law applicable to all human-beings.

Benefits, if any, equal for all unions, hetero or homo, thus ensuring equality for any and all forms of familial union.

In absence of prenuptial agreements, all net assets and liabilities will be split equally between all members of the union (and I say "all members" instead of "both members" to include polygamous unions).

Additional benefits for child-rearing, be they natural or adopted. These are implemented as additional benefits to allow childless unions the same benefits as those with children.

This concludes "How to Solve Logical Concerns with Modern Marriage Law". Now, solving illogical concerns is at the user's discretion.

Blog Entries

I have never been told I was going to hell, so I don't get what people are talking about with that. That said I live in Portland, Oregon. America's Canada. It's pretty nice having so much moderacey around here.

I avoid going into any kind of Church because I always end up arguing for evolution instead of creationism.

Though that only happened a couple times and I was only in the Church because I was playing bagpipes at a wedding.

Blog Entries

Only time I've ever been to church was in 10th grade. I went with some girl because I was trying to get at dat.

Didn't work, should have tried a movie instead.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information