+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Re: Mass effect 3

Given that the ridiculously tiny fov already made it borderline unplayable for me (people said they had that problem with ME2, but I never did), this is a deal breaker. Guess I'll cancel my collector's edition pre-order. And you have no idea how hard it is for me to say that.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Welp. I guess I'm not buying Mass Effect 3. I'm tired of this shit, and I know it's not all up to EA. BioWare had to approve of this, too.

BTW, they did just about the same thing in Mass Effect 2. The Shadow Broker arc? It wasn't on-disc, but it might as well have been because they started that story arc in the game (and it wasn't just a brief mention), and then didn't finish it unless you bought the DLC.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw View Post
    BTW, they did just about the same thing in Mass Effect 2. The Shadow Broker arc? It wasn't on-disc, but it might as well have been because they started that story arc in the game (and it wasn't just a brief mention), and then didn't finish it unless you bought the DLC.
    It's not the same. Shadow Broker wasn't finished and in the game on release day, but only available if you paid extra money for it.

Also, this is an entire and very significant character. Lair of the Shadow Broker was a fun DLC but it can't even remotely compare to a whole party member.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

I said it was almost the same, but agree and agree. But if you ask me, though, you shouldn't start a major plot line like that and then leave the player hanging. Either go all the way or don't include it at all.

When I first got to that part I figured it was just something they were going to finish in ME3, so I didn't really feel that way.

I thought that was the end of that plot-line, but I also thought it was an odd way to end it; we do such a menial task and there's a cliff-hanger? What is this? Who puts cliff-hangers on stupid trivial side-quests like that?

Then I saw the DLC, put two-and-two together, and was miffed at them for pulling that stunt. Instead of making me want to purchase the DLC to find out what happened, it made me not want to buy it and instead just go to the Mass Effect wiki and read about it.

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

WAT

I've had my CE pre-ordered since September and I'm playing through ME2 for the tenth time, despite owning no less than 25 games that I have yet to play.

Whoops. I didn't realize I had to be *THIS* butthurt before replying. I'll go sit on a bicycle seat for an hour and then come back.

Okay, I'm back. GRRRRRR! Video games! GRRRRR!
    GT - Echo Ten

I was wondering what that race was when I was visiting Bioware. Especially when I asked about it and then they shuffled me along in the tour and told me I'd have to wait.

I'll be getting the whole game free most likely so meh.

If that deal falls through I'll buy the standard version and just pirate the DLC like I have in the past, though that might be harder since it's now Origin based.
    Last edited by Cortexian; February 22nd, 2012 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejburke View Post
    I've had my CE pre-ordered since September and I'm playing through ME2 for the tenth time, despite owning no less than 25 games that I have yet to play.

Whoops. I didn't realize I had to be *THIS* butthurt before replying. I'll go sit on a bicycle seat for an hour and then come back.

Okay, I'm back. GRRRRRR! Video games! GRRRRR!
    Sorry, what? Nothing you just said makes any sense.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information