+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Windows 8 and other failed Microsoft products thread - Windows 8 "relaunches" Feb

Hybrid View

The Windows 8 and other failed Microsoft products thread - Windows 8 "relaunches" Feb

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso

English

64-bit (x64) Download (3.3 GB) Sha 1 hash — 1288519C5035BCAC83CBFA23A33038CCF5522749

32-bit (x86) Download (2.5 GB) Sha 1 hash — E91ED665B01A46F4344C36D9D88C8BF78E9A1B39

Product Key: DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J

Chinese (Simplified)

64-bit (x64) Download (3.4 GB) Sha 1 hash — DF69B851F9A81DECBB16648CC452461894416EB0

32-bit (x86) Download (2.6 GB) Sha 1 hash — E29A2072745A48C14A1C2E5A61F5230841BEDB45

French

64-bit (x64) Download (3.3 GB) Sha 1 hash — A9358E6799ABEEF29EDBA054AD34849C02C7F51F

32-bit (x86) Download (2.5 GB) Sha 1 hash — 2EF8013B9F50B93AEAC8068F4827E2C1DC0DC0B1

German

64-bit (x64) Download (3.3 GB) Sha 1 hash — DB1003A47C266697B3832BE2A23319988EE34495

32-bit (x86) Download (2.5 GB) Sha 1 hash — 91075AEA665C5D6F42A24714B3A3390762C94457

Japanese

64-bit (x64) Download (3.3 GB) Sha 1 hash — A8F0DB12CAECEA0BE8B27EA124F2234212D9103A

32-bit (x86) Download (2.5 GB) Sha 1 hash — C8A322ED86058086207CAAECD46B4DDACF9E247A

Blog Entries
    InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute InnerGoat has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview available for download

Downloadin'

inb4 jcap is mad
    ░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░░█▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ░░░░█▒▒▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    ░░▄▀▒▒▒▄█████▄▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▄█████▄▒█
    ░█▒▒▒▒▐██▄████▌▒█▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐██▄████▌▒█
    ▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█████▀▒▒█▒░▄▒▄█▒▒▀█████▀▒▒▒█
    ▒▒▐▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▒░▒▒▀▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▒▌▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄▀▒░▒▄█▄█▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▒▌▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒█▌▌▌▌▌█▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐
    ▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▀███▀▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▀▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
    ▀▄▒▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
    ▒▒▀▄▒▀▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▒▒▒▒▀▄▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐

TRIGGER WARNING: #modacity

runnin it right now, pain in the ass not having the traditional start menu, finding stuff is confusing.

Been using it for an hour or so now. Oh my god is this a piece of shit or what?

yah i already booted back into windows.

only good for tablet pcs.

Quote Originally Posted by StankBacon View Post
    yah i already booted back into windows.

only good for tablet pcs.
    don't insult real tablet PCs like the lenovo thinkpads with their awesome pens - which work much better on normal desktop UIs anyway.

it's only good for those "oversized smartphone" type of tablets which I absolutely have no use for. Tablet =/= tablet PC, just as finger =/= stylus

Quote Originally Posted by jcap View Post
    If we all work together (everyone, not just Modacity), maybe we can spread enough hate and bad news about Windows 8 to give it a terrible reputation before launch. Ballmer is rumored to retire after Windows 8's release. He thinks it's going to be successful so he'll leave on a high note, at which point Sinofsky will take over. Sinofsky is the bastard who destroyed Windows. Windows 8 basically NEEDS to be a collossal failure. If Windows 8 trips and falls flat on its face as it exits the gate, there may be enough pressure put on Microsoft by the press and its general customers to ditch the upper management and hire people who are actually competent.

You know you're missing your target when Mac users say:

"... and this is why I use a Mac. This new Windows looks awful from a user experience standpoint."
    Won't it be a massive success just based on the fact that anyone buying a prebuilt desktop or laptop will be forced to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by jcap View Post
    If IE's history is anything to go by, maybe they'll finally do something when Windows has only 40% market share left.
    haha THIS. I heard IE9 is an improvement but the reputation is so bad that it's way too late to convince people to switch back. Even my grandma is aware enough to open IE just once to download a new browser and never touch it again.

Last edited by Mr Buckshot; February 29th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Buckshot View Post

don't insult real tablet PCs like the lenovo thinkpads with their awesome pens - which work much better on normal desktop UIs anyway.

it's only good for those "oversized smartphone" type of tablets which I absolutely have no use for. Tablet =/= tablet PC, just as finger =/= stylus

yeah this. I've got an HP TX 2510us and it's stylus is fantastic.

I'd never use that shit with windows 8 though

The problem is, too much focus has been put onto tablet computing, and they arent talking it like Windows 7: Tablet Version! No instead they want everyone to use it - its not going to happen.

He spent about 40 seconds mentioning 2 features of 'proper' windows that are of any interest - task manager and file copy. Okay I liked those bits but is that all Windows 8 has to offer? Is that the best new thing? Come on Microsoft.

Power users have been kicked in the balls regarding Windows 8, I dont even class it as a new version. To me Windows 8 is like Windows ME. It was Windows 95 after drinking a Redbull, a few new tweaks but not worthy of a new version.

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

InnerGoat killed my dakimakura waifu because I didn't post my desk :( jcap's Avatar
    jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Limited View Post
    He spent about 40 seconds mentioning 2 features of 'proper' windows that are of any interest - task manager and file copy. Okay I liked those bits but is that all Windows 8 has to offer? Is that the best new thing? Come on Microsoft.

Power users have been kicked in the balls regarding Windows 8, I dont even class it as a new version. To me Windows 8 is like Windows ME. It was Windows 95 after drinking a Redbull, a few new tweaks but not worthy of a new version.
    They also lowered the startup memory usage from about 400 MB to 230 MB. Pretty huge cut. There's only about 30 processes when you start Windows now, which is impressive. But, I don't give a shit! My current computer which I built 4 years ago has 8 GB of RAM in it. My next one will have 32 GB of RAM in it. Who gives a flying shit about 200 MB of freed RAM? That would have been nice when Vista was released, but every computer ships with a minimum of 4 or 6 GB of RAM now, even the bottom of the line models.

Also, it's not just power users who were hurt. It's all users. I keep saying (and look in the other Windows 8 thread where we were talking about the logo) that Microsoft is making Windows more difficult to use for everyone. It's different. Users don't like different. If someone who has been using windows for 17 years sits down at a computer and doesn't know how to switch between open Windows, they aren't going to learn it. When I first tried the dev preview months ago, I got fed up within 30 seconds. Then I spent several more minutes looking for just how to perform a simple shutdown!

Unfortunately, I think the press is going to hype up the release of Windows 8. Either they are getting paid off, or they haven't used it and they are just restating all of Microsoft's own propaganda. Windows 8 will probably be a huge hit on launch, and within a week, consumers are going to be wondering what the fuck "broke" their new computer and it's going to become a flop overnight. I'd prefer to see it flop on launch, however.

Quote Originally Posted by t3h m00kz View Post
    if they try to force this down everybody's throats like they did with vista,
    what? why would you get mad if they repeated (they won't) vista and forced a damned good operating system down people's throats :]

Also fuck ubuntu, kubuntu is so much better than that piece of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by t3h m00kz View Post
    yeah this. I've got an HP TX 2510us and it's stylus is fantastic.
    the pc is great aside from the part where it burns itself out within two years of regular use because the cpu runs at 100c :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hélder Câmara
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information