+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 4 Battle Rifle

Re: Halo 4 Battle Rifle

< mfw people think they know the entirety of the map from a couple of quick clips

I honestly can't tell the difference between a halo 4 map and an ut3 map

this is not a good thing.

too bad ut3 was fucking amazing

Yeah, both UT3 and Halo are awesome, so why is it a problem if one resembles the other (even if that resemblance is debatable at best).

Also, judging the look of the H4 maps from what has been released so far is completely ridiculous in the first place xP The instant skepticism vibe I get from this forum worries me sometimes.
    Last edited by Bobblehob; April 1st, 2012 at 01:35 AM.

I'm not reading this entire thread, but I saw a comment about how tight your edges are. And to be fair, your edges are WAY too "slack". There is too tight, and there is too slack. And I see your also on modacity ay as well as 405th :P Hey again lol.

I'm sure I told you that on 405th though, about your edges? There are inaccuracies but tbf slight changes dont matter too much. I too modelled mine (which im going to post in a min) was modelled from screencaps from the video, but then I later got linked to some renders that where leaked which simply saved time as they where much clearer.

Im not from the 405th. :-P

Can you post the leaked renders? I don't think there are leaked one, there were really high res ones posted to the xbox press site (5160x3840 res!)

neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

here comes the threat-ender:

i'd say this is the best one i've seen posted on modacity to date.
    there's still stuff that can be done better, but only if i wanted to be a complete anal perfectionist about it.

too bad the design is still retarded.

and as you all know, my (and snaf's) word on this stuff is final.
    also, this belongs in teh studio.
    Last edited by neuro; April 1st, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!

Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."

Quote Originally Posted by BobtheGreatII View Post
    Never did I say the guy didn't have talent. It's not like some average Joe can model stuff. Just trying to help a guy out. I don't have to be nice in order to get a point across.
    I may be wrong, but aren't you the one that uses chamfer instead of turbosmooth to make your high polys? My apologies if I'm mistaken, but if you are, you must be joking if you think you know enough to help this guy out--if anything he should be trying to help you.

Computron, personally I'd only listen to neuro or snaf when it comes to modeling and asking for crit around here. Most everyone else on this site that have even a modicum of talent are pretentious as fuck and don't really know what they're doing.

No. I stopped using chamfers forever ago dude. Since working with the CMT stuff I haven't used anything like that. But thanks for being an ass lol. I use nurbs for everything. The problem I was having before was that I was using chamfer and then smoothing. Instead of using edge loops because I wasn't sure how to go about it to be honest. But I had to look around. But I finally got it down. So since the dropped scorpion model I was doing I think I've been doing okay. At least the CMT stuff has come out nicely.

I'm sorry I seemed to offend so many of you. Can we move on?
    Last edited by BobtheGreatII; April 1st, 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Computron View Post
    Im not from the 405th. :-P

Can you post the leaked renders? I don't think there are leaked one, there were really high res ones posted to the xbox press site (5160x3840 res!)
    My mistake, I mean 343 forum. My username on there is "martynball".

And here:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information