+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! BSOD Problem!

RedBaron is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Help! BSOD Problem!

So I've been getting the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BSOD periodically for the past month. I would go on for maybe a week or two at a time with no problems before it pops up again. It occurs at random times, mostly when I'm browsing the internet. I don't think it has occurred while playing games before.

A quick google search yields the conclusion that my RAM is faulty. My question is, if there are any utilities out there on the web that checks the integrity of my RAM before I actually dish out cash for new ones. I'm running 2x4 GBs (SODIMM @ 1333 MHz).

Also, what are the chances that BOTH of my sticks are faulty??? I would cry if this was the case.

And finally, for those who know their stuff about computers, is there any possibility that video RAM is causing this problem? I started getting this error around the time I last updated my video drivers. So perhaps I have a dirty install of that...
    Last edited by RedBaron; April 7th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.

Re: Help! BSOD Problem!

Just run one stick at a time and see what happens, that usually points out the faulty one pretty quickly. Obviously if it BSOD's on both sticks individually then it's both.

Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of Limited has much to be proud of

I dont mean to thread jack but I have having this exact same problem. It usually happens within 15 minutes of me turning my computer on and it seems to happen when browsing the internet.

I've tried running Windows Memory Diagnostics (which I suggest you try) and it didnt show any issues, then again I don't know how effect that utility is really.

I may have to try the whole 1 stick routine like Bob suggested, the only issue is it happens very rarely and I dont particulary want to use my computer for weeks on end with just 2GB at a time.

Personally I think its possible that its video ram, but highly unlikely. Regarding the updating drivers issue, I've updated my drivers about 4 times since the blue screen has been occurring and it hasnt changed anything.

Just to check, are you running Google Chrome 18.0.1025 by any chance? (Thats what I'm running).

RedBaron is on a distinguished road

Yeah, same problem. There's just no way of knowing when the BSOD will hit and how long I'll have to test the individual stick. I'll give the Memory Diagnostic a try though.

And I am using the latest version of Firefox.

On a side note, my RAM was manufactured by Crucial, and I just looked up their limited lifetime warranty. So worse case scenario I RMA both and have them deal with it.

E: No errors were detected with Windows Memory Diagnostic
    Last edited by RedBaron; April 7th, 2012 at 08:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information