+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Battlefield 3 UI

Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of

Re: [WIP] Battlefield 3 UI

I've fixed the proportions as per Sean's suggestions. As for Jcap, I can't seem to find an option to merge the filter and browser screens but I swear I've seen it happen in another ui. Might have been kirby's yelo
    Click image for larger version

Name:	exitmain.jpg
Views:	1298
Size:	603.8 KB
ID:	2773Click image for larger version

Name:	maincolor.jpg
Views:	1389
Size:	570.3 KB
ID:	2774
    To the left is the screen for stuff like quitting the game and checking if you want to save settings.
    The right is pretty self explanatory. It's the color selection screen. I'd like to use an MC biped image
    for each of the colours in the white box on the right but I really do not want to use the stock MC.
    Updated the background as well (finally found a clear version)

Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute Amit has a reputation beyond repute

Who needs Delta UI if this completes

Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute Timo has a reputation beyond repute

While these concepts are pretty sweet Dozo, don't forget everything needs to fit inside a 640x480 window. The background will scale up from that as well, so it won't look that nice for people running at 1920x1080. I got Veegie to render an MC for us for the DH UI, I don't think he/jcap would have any objections for you to use it, jcap should still have it.

InnerGoat killed my dakimakura waifu because I didn't post my desk :( jcap's Avatar
    jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah everything Timo said. You should really make a proof of concept to see how things are going to turn out in-game. You may be disappointed and be forced to change some things.

Also, as Timo said, if you want a new Chief render then you can have the one from our UI.

Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of Dozo has much to be proud of

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed the degraded image quality when I ingamed part of the main menu this morning. My question is, wouldn't creating the assets at a higher DPI theoretically fix the issue of degraded image quality? Also thanks for the Chief render, I'll have it and of course credit.

InnerGoat killed my dakimakura waifu because I didn't post my desk :( jcap's Avatar
    jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute jcap has a reputation beyond repute

DPI is irrelevant if a maximum of 640x480 pixels can be displayed.

Got it. (testing next solution)

As an alternative for having just a flat image background, would be following the actual Battlefield 3 method be viable? What I mean is have a textured surface (the road) stretching out into the distance where it meets another vertical textured surface in this case the city in the background. IDK if I'm explaining this the right way so pics.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	citycopy.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	2840

Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute Higuy has a reputation beyond repute

That seems like a pretty viable option, yes.
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute Donut has a reputation beyond repute

if youre asking if you can have 3d geometry and a camera in your ui background, then yes, you absolutely can.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information