+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Titanic - 100 Years On

Re: Titanic - 100 Years On

Bungie has good tweets.

I also feel like those aren't real. There was a similar situation during Christmas time about people whining about not getting iPhones. A bit too obvious in my opinion.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Posts, posts EVERYWHERE! Warsaw's Avatar
    Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute Warsaw has a reputation beyond repute

Ironically, Twitter is better at networking with organizations that matter than Facebook, despite the former being nothing more than a glorified status RSS feed to the world and the latter having all of the "complex social networking features." In either case, LinkedIn is better.

TeeKup: I don't much care for men crawling in the mud
    TeeKup: id rather them be crawling in my bed

When I went to GDC, one of the recurring themes in all the lectures I went to was that networking through linked-in has been vital to their (the speakers) career.
    With my bare hands

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

Great job guys, totally derailed before the thread even hit page two!

I was fascinated by the Titanic as a kid. I guess I kind of still am. Part of me wants to say it's hard to believe people don't actually know it was a thing, but then the bigger part says "no you moron, people are idiots, of course they don't fucking know".
    sometimes bad posters say stupid things and i put them in here

I find it fascinating all of the tales and stories of why the passengers were on the boat. One family had 3 members on the boat who's plan was to go Canada to take up farming as there was a strong need for farmers back then. They all died and it had a huge impact on the community in Canada that was expecting them (one of the family was already farmer there and came back to England to get the other 2).

It feels weird to say it, but I'm actually interested in watching Titanic 3D. I have a completely different mindset about life, love and death than I did when I saw the original as a kid. I reckon it will be a totally different feeling now than I had back when I was a kid.

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

Quote Originally Posted by Limited View Post
    I find it fascinating all of the tales and stories of why the passengers were on the boat. One family had 3 members on the boat who's plan was to go Canada to take up farming as there was a strong need for farmers back then. They all died and it had a huge impact on the community in Canada that was expecting them (one of the family was already farmer there and came back to England to get the other 2).

It feels weird to say it, but I'm actually interested in watching Titanic 3D. I have a completely different mindset about life, love and death than I did when I saw the original as a kid. I reckon it will be a totally different feeling now than I had back when I was a kid.
    I had a read of the Daily Mirror's coverage of the Titanic when it happened (through some scanned copies of the papers they published back when it happened), I was pretty impressed with how similar the stories matched up to the film.. few things changed of course to make it work in the film. I'd rather not watch it in 3D though, I find it a boring gimmick now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodzilla View Post
    and i'm a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    no you're not.

Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of Sanctus has much to be proud of

Ever since I was little I've always been extremely fascinated with the story of the Titanic. When I was seven I bought a book that detailed the doomed voyage and several accounts of the passengers and crew
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
    Sever: "One does not simply drive a warthog; One targets enemies with a warthog

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    I had a read of the Daily Mirror's coverage of the Titanic when it happened (through some scanned copies of the papers they published back when it happened), I was pretty impressed with how similar the stories matched up to the film.. few things changed of course to make it work in the film. I'd rather not watch it in 3D though, I find it a boring gimmick now.
    I wouldnt really be watching it for the 3D ness, I'd be watching it because they've remastered every frame and cleaned it all up.

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information