+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

  1. #1

    GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    I'd love to introduce our new app for iOS and Android.

    It's designed for gamers to collaboratively discuss strategy and tactics with their team in real-time. It works great with any FPS, RTS and MMO games.

    It's available now on iTunes for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch: http://itunes.apple.com/app/gameplan/id503395878?mt=8
    Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rApps.GamePlan

    Here is a quick video of it in action: http://bit.ly/gpdemo
    And there's much more info on the features on our website: http://www.gameplanlive.com

    If you have any questions I would be happy to answer.

    Cheers, Mark
    Last edited by GPLive; April 12th, 2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: paragraph spacing
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Kid in the Hall Kornman00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ◕‿◕, ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘
    Posts
    3,129
    Blog Entries
    1
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

    Re: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    Needs more PC/Mac version. Mobile devices may work great for console gamers, but PC gamers want to PC.

    Especially when they blow all their money on a high-end PC and don't have ~500$ left over for an iPad

    e: Try talking to the business guys at Valve about putting this on Steam...maybe they'll make an exception for this (being an app) since it's specifically about games.
    Last edited by Kornman00; April 12th, 2012 at 09:30 PM.

    Reply With Quote

  3. #3

    Re: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    Hehe, I take your point about the money thing!
    My argument is that you want this tool on a separate device from your main machine, so you aren't having to swap between 'views'.

    A PC/Mac version is a possibility in future if there is a demand though. But would you have a laptop next to you whilst on a PC gaming? A phone or tablet is much more flexible IMO.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Entity Zero PlasbianX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wooster, Ohio
    Posts
    2,523
    PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of

    Re: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    Definitely gonna try this out. (Android version -> Droid Razr Maxx)

    EDIT: I think one thing that's already a turn off, is the fact that the maps have to be submitted to you guys first. Mind you, Its good that you have maps for the most popular games so far, but I think you'd get more people if you were able to submit your own custom maps and share them with friends so you could plan that way.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Kid in the Hall Kornman00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ◕‿◕, ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘
    Posts
    3,129
    Blog Entries
    1
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

    Re: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by GPLive View Post
    Hehe, I take your point about the money thing!
    My argument is that you want this tool on a separate device from your main machine, so you aren't having to swap between 'views'.

    A PC/Mac version is a possibility in future if there is a demand though. But would you have a laptop next to you whilst on a PC gaming? A phone or tablet is much more flexible IMO.
    Indeed, it's more flexible. However, I'm currently stuck with a 2nd Gen iTouch, which can only run iOS 2.1 and lower. I don't have the disposable income to get an iOS or Android tablet. I do, however, have multiple machines (esp. laptops).

    Going through Steam (if they approve), you'll have access to their sales system plus their customer base, plus their SDK (which includes VoIP IIRC, been a while since I looked into it). So you'll be hitting users right where it hurts feels good: Steam.

    Also, you should look into Kinect support in hypothetical future PC versions. Not only for doing battle plans projected on big monitors (I'm thinking e-sports), but for voice commands too.

    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    nnh Ifafudafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stalker joke goes here
    Posts
    1,343
    Blog Entries
    6
    Ifafudafi is on a distinguished road

    Re: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornman00 View Post
    So you'll be hitting users right where it hurts feels good: Steam.
    like you'd know, I'd bet you've never had a girl so much as touch your Steam

    Also needs Tribes: Ascend maps, shit looks neat though

    E: Although admittedly I am a bit curious as to why you'd adveritse on this zombie of a community
    Last edited by Ifafudafi; April 12th, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    logical disorder neuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rome - Italy, Fuckhead epicentre.
    Posts
    1,639
    neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of neuro has much to be proud of

    Re: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    desperation.
    gallery-smellery!
    tutorial-brutorial!


    Quake was a game where a guy jumped over your head at 30mph, spun, put 3 rockets in your grill and landed without slowing down and no one called "aim bot!" at it."
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8

    Re: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by PlasbianX View Post
    Definitely gonna try this out. (Android version -> Droid Razr Maxx)

    EDIT: I think one thing that's already a turn off, is the fact that the maps have to be submitted to you guys first. Mind you, Its good that you have maps for the most popular games so far, but I think you'd get more people if you were able to submit your own custom maps and share them with friends so you could plan that way.
    Hi - thanks for your edit. Can I ask how you got this impression, as I may need to reword something!!

    You can EITHER share maps you import from your photo album instantly with your group (the app will transmit the map to everyone in the session and it will then be kept on each users device in a 'custom' list for next time.

    OR if you want to include a new map in the actual MapLocker (so that you and everyone else that uses it can download it), you can submit it via the website where we check it and apply the right graphical effect (so they look good quality and are zoomable like the others).

    Cheers

    EDIT: From the FAQ page on website:-
    Q. How do I add maps for games not in the MapLocker?
    A. Simply save the map image to your device photo library, then start a new map and tap the 'FROM PHOTO ALBUM' button to choose the image. This will instantly be transmitted to anyone in the current session automatically. You can also send the maps for approval to us for inclusion into the app MapLocker. Just send them by email or use the map submission form.
    Last edited by GPLive; April 13th, 2012 at 05:48 AM. Reason: added info
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9

    Re: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kornman00 View Post
    Indeed, it's more flexible. However, I'm currently stuck with a 2nd Gen iTouch, which can only run iOS 2.1 and lower. I don't have the disposable income to get an iOS or Android tablet. I do, however, have multiple machines (esp. laptops).

    Going through Steam (if they approve), you'll have access to their sales system plus their customer base, plus their SDK (which includes VoIP IIRC, been a while since I looked into it). So you'll be hitting users right where it hurts feels good: Steam.

    Also, you should look into Kinect support in hypothetical future PC versions. Not only for doing battle plans projected on big monitors (I'm thinking e-sports), but for voice commands too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornman00 View Post
    Indeed, it's more flexible. However, I'm currently stuck with a 2nd Gen iTouch, which can only run iOS 2.1 and lower. I don't have the disposable income to get an iOS or Android tablet. I do, however, have multiple machines (esp. laptops).

    Going through Steam (if they approve), you'll have access to their sales system plus their customer base, plus their SDK (which includes VoIP IIRC, been a while since I looked into it). So you'll be hitting users right where it hurts feels good: Steam.

    Also, you should look into Kinect support in hypothetical future PC versions. Not only for doing battle plans projected on big monitors (I'm thinking e-sports), but for voice commands too.
    Ah shame, there were some connectivity things that required a newer OS version unfortunately.

    Thanks for the suggestions. Will certainly have a talk with Steam and quite easy to put on Mac store - we would just need to make it work with mice

    I think voice control is a bit of a way off though hehe. Even the big boys can't get that right yet (Siri cough cough).

    I will be attending a few LAN events where I hope a couple of tourneys are going to be run using it, so yeah big screen projector could be a nice idea too so everyone can see what the commander is dictating!

    Thanks again for the comments
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10

    Re: GamePlan: real-time strategy planning for FPS, RTS and MMO gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifafudafi View Post
    like you'd know, I'd bet you've never had a girl so much as touch your Steam

    Also needs Tribes: Ascend maps, shit looks neat though

    E: Although admittedly I am a bit curious as to why you'd adveritse on this zombie of a community
    All maps are submitted by players originally, so I would need someone to find and send the Tribes maps via the form on the website (or email). I expect there are loads of games that should be in there / will be eventually!

    Didn't realise this was a zombie community - seems pretty nice to me! Well, the site came up well in Google for my search term of 'multiplayer gamers forum', so can't be that bad. I only launched fully last night (Android came on-line) so I guess I am desperate to get the word out now (I've been working on this for more than a year), but I'm not desperate in the way Neuro suggests yet

    Anyway if you guys want to try it PM me for a promo code so you can check it out risk free.
    Reply With Quote

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts