+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The right question.

Local Pokémon Professor thehoodedsmack's Avatar
    thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute thehoodedsmack has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The right question.

No, you said:

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblehob View Post
    As it is, gay people are legally allowed to get all of these benefits, the only thing they aren't allowed to get is the title of marriage.
    Which is what made me do a double-take.

There's no value in the word "marriage" itself. You've semi-got the right idea with allowing universal rights under partnership laws, but my stance has always been taking it a step further: a system allowing for familial construction/deconstruction, and modular rights granted therein. Monogamy, polygamy, adult and child adoption, etc. Eventually you come to realize that given the diverse forms a family can take, the word "marriage" either becomes esoteric in its description, or gets practically redefined based on its historical associations.

I was not aware that some of those rights where not available in some states.

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

hi you're still a biggoted piece of shit thanks okay glad we understand each other bye
    sometimes bad posters say stupid things and i put them in here

rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute rossmum has a reputation beyond repute

by the way marriage has no innate value or meaning and therefore anyone who thinks it has sanctity to destroy in the first place must be high or stupid or both

marriage is only what you make it, in bobblehob's case something gays aren't allowed to have because blah blah blah rationalisation to avoid looking like a homophobic shitheel AND THAT IS WHY ONLY MEN AND WOMEN CAN BE MARRIED

e/ posting is a scared institution to me and i deem bobblehob to be a fucking awful poster therefore he's not allowed to do it lest he destroy its meaning to me!!!!!

if marriage was so sacred it wouldn't be something you can do in 5 minutes while your drunk in vegas

hth
    Fuck MLP

Quote Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
    by the way marriage has no innate value or meaning and therefore anyone who thinks it has sanctity to destroy in the first place must be high or stupid or both

marriage is only what you make it, in bobblehob's case something gays aren't allowed to have because blah blah blah rationalisation to avoid looking like a homophobic shitheel AND THAT IS WHY ONLY MEN AND WOMEN CAN BE MARRIED

e/ posting is a scared institution to me and i deem bobblehob to be a fucking awful poster therefore he's not allowed to do it lest he destroy its meaning to me!!!!!
    Wow, you are a fucking moron. I already said that they should be able to have the same rights, I don't dispute that, but marriage already has a specific definition and there is no need to change it.

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

Marriage shouldn't even be a legal term.

Marriage is just the word we tie onto a civil union to make it seem nice/religious. I'm not against gay marriage, I just don't believe that marriage should be the term used by the law for any union of two people. Its a religious word, and thus doesn't belong in the law.

marrying people for money and divorcing in the same day is JUST FINE but god no how dare those filthy gays want to be able to share the same union that straight couples have

Blog Entries
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblehob View Post
    Wow, you are a fucking moron. I already said that they should be able to have the same rights, I don't dispute that, but marriage already has a specific definition and there is no need to change it.
    And this definition is?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rossmum View Post
    marrying people for money and divorcing in the same day is JUST FINE but god no how dare those filthy gays want to be able to share the same union that straight couples have
    Seriously. People who think this somehow effects them (who arent gay I mean) are just awful.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information