+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: What Android Phone Should Rams Get?

PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of

Re: What Android Phone Should Rams Get?

Quote Originally Posted by STLRamsFan View Post
    How is the battery life on the nexus? Have the droid charge (since it was 70 on ebay and needed a phone to last me for the summer) and I tell ya, the battery life on that phone is pathetic... Also, I heard nexus on Verizon had some problems with connection, is that still. the case?
    My friend can get about ~10 hours on his nexus depending on how much he uses it. I can get about 15 on the maxx with moderate to heavy use, 20+ if I use smart actions to control my battery life. As for the nexus on verzion, yes it does have the same connection problems still.

With Jelly Bean I'm getting 17 to 20 hrs of battery life.

The Galaxy Nexus doesn't have the poor connection problems like it did in 4.0.1 anymore. You can read this for more information on why the signal is the way it is:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/25921-this-is-why-your-verizon-nexus-signal-sucks/

Well, I just ordered the Nexus. Ordered off ebay to avoid the stupid policy of taking away unlimited when upgrading. Got it for a decent price too! Can anyone point me to where I can learn how to root my phone and get jelly bean on it?

Droid Life is your one stop source for everything you're going to want to know. Check out their guide to everything you need:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/15/galaxy-nexus-roundup-ice-cream-sandwich-tips-bootloaders-extended-batteries-day-one-thoughts-and-more/

There are several versions of Jelly Bean out. I'm using a build that keeps it pretty vanilla. I don't like all the extra crap. I'm currently using:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/28992-rom-razors-jelly-v26-verizonjelly-bean-41-8-july/

And this is where most of them are:

http://rootzwiki.com/forum/362-vzw-galaxy-nexus-development/

Just make sure you're always downloading the stuff for the Verizon verison of the phone. You don't want to accidently throw something on there that shouldn't be there.

Be warned that with the Jelly Bean builds, there are still a lot of people working on them. So you may run in to a few bugs here and there. But over all the builds work great.

EDIT: 3,000 posts. Woooo. Only took 6 years.
    Last edited by BobtheGreatII; July 23rd, 2012 at 05:30 PM.

PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of PlasbianX has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by STLRamsFan View Post
    Well, I just ordered the Nexus. Ordered off ebay to avoid the stupid policy of taking away unlimited when upgrading. Got it for a decent price too! Can anyone point me to where I can learn how to root my phone and get jelly bean on it?
    There's rumors that Verizon is allowing the upgrades to keep unlimited. They just told my dad today he could upgrade and keep his unlimited (although he went to best buy first and they said no)

Also, the Galaxy SIII is supposedly getting Jelly Bean soon.

It'll more than likely be a modified version of Jelly Bean.

Didn't google say the GN was getting JB in July?
    DSalimander: i think id be a pretty girl
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy
    I just can't help myself.... I just love Steve [Jobs].... there is just something about him....I like his ways and I think its the jeans and turtle necks he wears and at times stubbles on his face, he appears to be a down to earth guy..... can't wait to see him again!

The HSPA version already has the official 4.1.1 update. Usually when google is talking about the Nexus they aren't talking about the Verizon one.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasbianX View Post
    There's rumors that Verizon is allowing the upgrades to keep unlimited. They just told my dad today he could upgrade and keep his unlimited (although he went to best buy first and they said no)

Also, the Galaxy SIII is supposedly getting Jelly Bean soon.
    Apparently that was an error in the system and from what I've heard that has already been fixed (sadly). Plus my actual upgrade isn't for awhile and I doubt my folks would be willing to give up their unlimited for me to use an upgrade haha. Regardless, the Nexus doesn't seem like a bad phone at all anyway, should be good for my needs. Nice thing about the package I'm getting is it includes both the normal and extended battery which'll definitely come in handy. Then again anything's better than the Charge...

I do like the S3 but the price is just too much right now. Maybe later down the road I'll sell the Nexus and get the S3, but with the price of the package I bought, this'll do just fine.

Make sure with that extended battery you let it die before you charge it initially. It'll run a considerable amount longer for ya.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information