Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: The Ghost Froom

  1. #41

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    thanks

  2. #42

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    Mator you are HELLA pretentious. Look at how you type hahahahaha you're not better than anyone here.

  3. #43
    Gar TVTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Posts
    4,515
    Blog Entries
    3
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    this whole thread can be summed up as this


  4. #44

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    Quote Originally Posted by =sw=warlord View Post
    So wait.
    You come onto a modding website, filled full of people who either currently mod or used to mod call it retarded and yet ignore the obvious about how your trick is so old it might even have a gravestone dated from 04.
    I'm pretty sure there's no rules here against posting non-mod-related material. This is, after all, just a "Halo PC & Custom Edition" subforum.

    Thus it's not me who's in the wrong, it's you and your friends, who come here, to my TOPIC, and try to tell me that my trick is old when you have no real say in anything regarding the tricking community, because you don't trick (and don't know jack shit about it, quite obviously).

    Few things:

    1. What I do with my time is none of your concern. So no more of these "you wasted your time" posts, please.

    2. I can post whatever I want here and have whatever opinions I want regarding modding. My only goal is to get this video out to the people who would be interested in seeing it, without exclusion due to there being *some* people who aren't interested. (Whether you acknowledge it or not, some people on this site have responded positively to this video)

    3. I've already provided about 16 arguments as to why the trick is not old, and the entire tricking community agrees with me on this fact. That makes a couple hundred people who have experience in the field whose word counts, against the word of you a few others here who have no experience in the field whose word means nothing. Seems like they're right, and you're wrong.

    4. If you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all. Seriously. You guys have already broken plenty of rules regarding etiquette and respect, and you're bordering on breaking site rules. Don't give me a reason to complain, I think we all want this thread dead and buried, so just leave it the fuck alone if you don't like it.


    -Mator

  5. #45

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    1. So you can post what you want but we can't?

    2. Actually you can't post whatever you please here. Modacity isn't a democracy, your freedom of speech doesn't apply at all. Keep the pretentious up, do it. I'll just delete the whole thread. It's getting close to that point anyway.

    3. You come to a site filled with LITERAL masters for the Halo PC/CE engine and tell us you know more about the game and what counts/doesn't count than we do. You then expect us to bow down before your tricking community members whom are obviously all sacred gods of tricking and who apparently have final say in the matter. Many of us have been playing, abusing, and tricking in the Halo engine since the day it was released ON XBOX. T2T is impressive because of the legacy and the set parameters for the stunt. Ghost Froom isn't impressive because there was no set challenge to accomplish like T2T, and by comparison it's relatively easy to setup. Seriously, if I cared enough to play CE anymore I could pull off any of the Froom's shown in the video. I'm sure that a lot of people on the forums here as well could make the exact same claim, based purely on experience and hours logged in the game. Heck, we've all probably executed the individual maneuvers required for different reasons while screwing around.

    4. The existing staff on the site (I'm semi-retired but retain my powers for occasional shit-organizing) are pretty laid back and carefree. We'll let a thread degenerate all the way down to petty name calling before anything actually happens.
    Last edited by Cortexian; May 23rd, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

  6. #46

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    Wait. Mator, how old are you?

  7. #47

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortexian View Post
    1. So you can post what you want but we can't?
    No, you can, I'm just asking you to stop criticizing what I do with my time, for anyone who has done that, because it's not really any of your business what I do with my time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortexian View Post
    2. Actually you can't post whatever you please here. Modacity isn't a democracy, your freedom of speech doesn't apply at all. Keep the pretentious up, do it. I'll just delete the whole thread. It's getting close to that point anyway.
    I meant within reason, obviously. I didn't mean it exactly as it reads, I meant that I can post a trick if I want to. Obviously flaming/etc. will not be tolerated on a forum.

    You should have a different admin do the deletion though, if there is another one active, IMO. I can't tell you/others how to run the site, but you have personal involvement with the topic and thus could be considered to have bias. IDK, just a thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortexian View Post
    3. You come to a site filled with LITERAL masters for the Halo PC/CE engine and tell us you know more about the game and what counts/doesn't count than we do. You then expect us to bow down before your tricking community members whom are obviously all sacred gods of tricking and who apparently have final say in the matter. Many of us have been playing, abusing, and tricking in the Halo engine since the day it was released ON XBOX. T2T is impressive because of the legacy and the set parameters for the stunt. Ghost Froom isn't impressive because there was no set challenge to accomplish like T2T, and by comparison it's relatively easy to setup. Seriously, if I cared enough to play CE anymore I could pull off any of the Froom's shown in the video. I'm sure that a lot of people on the forums here as well could make the exact same claim, based purely on experience and hours logged in the game. Heck, we've all probably executed the individual maneuvers required for different reasons while screwing around.
    This isn't about the engine, it's about tricking. We're dealing with two very different types of knowledge here, one involves practical application to breaking the physics engine, while the other involves the conceptual tenets and creation of it. In this way the experience/background these people have isn't relevant.

    Furthermore, I have no reason to believe that the people here are masters of the PC/CE engine save for their word and the few members whose work I recognize. Yes, these people have done some cool stuff (like making Halo work with opensauce, nice job on that), but I'm not going to bow down to them when they get in my grill about my trick which I know everything about. I've been tricking for a long time now, and I know a lot about Halo's physics engine as well as tricking history. I don't think it's anyone's place save for Halo PC tricking veterans to tell me I'm wrong about something which relates to tricking.

    I expect you to allow the tricking community to define what a new trick is. Seriously, if you're not going to let the tricking community define such a thing, then you might as well just discount the existence of tricking altogether, for you're essentially overriding the thoughts of those who have experience in the field because you feel you're superior. That's like looking at a unanimously recognized theory like Special Relativity and saying you don't think it's right without any background in physics to the face of a nobel prize winner in physics and trying to argue you're right.

    Absolutely none of you have any history in tricking that I'm aware of unless it was in the years of iBonk. I've been through HIH+otherforum archives many times, unless you've changed your alias I'd recognize you.

    The challenge is not what made T2T awesome, it was how difficult it was. Now if you want to prove to me that the Ghost Froom is as you say "relatively easy to set up" and isn't nearly as difficult as T2T, I'd like to see you try it. Because I'm pretty sure the Ghost Froom is right up there with T2T in terms of difficulty of set up. I've done enough campaign launching and watched T2T enough to understand that the set up is essentially comprised of gathering nades (which isn't difficult, just a bit tedious), combined with a bunch of repeated pogos. I've done pogo launches before. They aren't that difficult. In this way I would say the Ghost Froom is definitely at the same level as T2T.

    LOL. You could huh? You REALLY think that? Ok, humor me. Go try a shroom lift for 6 hours over the next few weeks. I can guarantee you you won't get more than 10 meters up the wall. How do I know this? Every single skilled Halo PC multiplayer stunter (the guys who are active in the tricking community now and who are good at this sort of stuff) who has tried this has had that result. I'm the only one who has shroom-lifted successfully, and for good reason, it's nearly fucking impossible to pull off. You practically have to be a Jedi - capable of seeing the future, to pull off a shroom-lift.

    And no, you haven't pulled off any of this shit, and none of you can make that claim. You all think you're all high and mighty and amazing, but I'm willing to wager if any of you sit down to try this you won't get anywhere near success. Go ahead, try it, and make sure you log exactly how many hours you put in, what resources you refer to, and record every attempt. I want to know the details of your failure when you come back to me sobbing that you couldn't do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortexian View Post
    4. The existing staff on the site (I'm semi-retired but retain my powers for occasional shit-organizing) are pretty laid back and carefree. We'll let a thread degenerate all the way down to petty name calling before anything actually happens.
    Ok.
    Last edited by Mator; May 23rd, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

  8. #48

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    Quote Originally Posted by Mator View Post
    And no, you haven't pulled off any of this shit, and none of you can make that claim. You all think you're all high and mighty and amazing, but I'm willing to wager if any of you sit down to try this you won't get anywhere near success. Go ahead, try it, and make sure you log exactly how many hours you put in, what resources you refer to, and record every attempt. I want to know the details of your failure when you come back to me sobbing that you couldn't do it.
    I've lifted a WARTHOG that wasn't even half-stuck in the BSP up a wall on the top of a Banshee like you lift the Ghost. Trust me, I know exactly how hard that shit is. For those of us who have played this game online for years, being a "Jedi" is second nature to playing. Everything lags and warps around, and those of us who've been playing for years can predict (for the most part) exactly where things are going to derp-off to.

    Actually, now that I think back on tricking and such, I distinctly remember 3 or four people in Banshees lifting and "hovering" a Scorpion tank. However I'm pretty sure that involved a server-app or modded map since the Scorpion weighs so damn much. The point is that you think managing two vehicles is tough? Try 4+.

    And no, I'm not going to try a Shroom because I literally don't have the time. With a job and school, my free time goes towards things I deem fun and/or interesting. Lifting a Ghost up a wall for 6 hours sounds like the opposite of both of those things. Boring and tedious.
    Last edited by Cortexian; May 23rd, 2012 at 02:07 AM.

  9. #49
    Gar TVTyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Posts
    4,515
    Blog Entries
    3
    TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute TVTyrant has a reputation beyond repute

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    Mator, you are one stupid motherfucker

    I am accelerating the decline of this thread. DONT TRY TO STOP ME LANCER!!!

  10. #50

    Re: The Ghost Froom

    Quote Originally Posted by Mator
    but you have personal involvement with the topic and thus could be considered to have bias. IDK, just a thought.
    I'm not even going to point out the ridiculous falsehood, irony, and hypocrisy of that statement. Owai-

    Quote Originally Posted by Mator
    The challenge is not what made T2T awesome, it was how difficult it was.
    Well Mator, you seem to be under the delusion that the time invested in a trick is what makes it worth appreciation when, in fact, it is not. All you did was push a ghost up the invisible barrier. So what that its hard? T2T is actually impressive because of the challenge. It is interesting. It is fun to watch.
    Tbh, the most interesting parts of your video were the explosions. But a ghost being pushed up an invisible wall just isn't interesting.
    Awesome tricks are inherently hard, hard tricks are NOT inherently awesome.
    Since your analogy about Nobel Prizes was abhorrently inaccurate, let me provide a more accurate one.
    Imagine watching a game of baseball. T2T is like hitting an out of the park home run, aiming for, and hitting a target the size of a car. What you did is like getting the ball stuck in the netting/fencing around the batter's area. Tell me, which one is more interesting/awesome?

    Mator, you are about as intelligent and mature as I was when I joined this site in 2009, when I had just turned 14, and I have aspergers.
    Last edited by EX12693; May 23rd, 2012 at 02:37 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts