+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Kingdoms of Amalur studio lays off entire workforce

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur studio lays off entire workforce

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Of course they would release AoE games on Steam, they know how many people would love to play those games and would buy them. More money for M$. No point in making more real AoE games if you can still make money off the old ones.
    strange

I only see aoe3 and aoe:online

and those don't even count???
    Quote Originally Posted by Hélder Câmara
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.

GPG was scheduled to take over for Robot after the launch of the game. GPG was supposed to be the studio that just maintained the game and created "DLC" for it. They ended up switching dev studios in February 2011 rather than as scheduled in August 2011 because Robot wasn't pulling their weight and wasn't going to meet their release date by a long shot.

My point is that Robot/Ensamble was tired of the Age of Empires series, hence them jumping to the Halo Wars project and trying to jump to the Halo MMO series. They didn't do their job well and got fired because of it.

The closing of Ensamble was justified, it's just that nobody is going to put out bad press on their own studio or former studio. That's why the Robot/GPG flop was shown the way it was. Nobody wants to buy a game that the development studio got fired from while making it.
    <-- click it!

Hmm, well that seems to make the most sense. Thanks for clearing that up or I'd still be spreading that nonsense I said before. Also, why is it that you continue to spell Ensemble as "Ensamble"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
    strange

I only see aoe3 and aoe:online

and those don't even count???
    What do you mean they don't count?
    Last edited by Amit; May 30th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Hmm, well that seems to make the most sense. Thanks for clearing that up or I'd still be spreading that nonsense I said before.

What do you mean they don't count?
    they're not real aoe games, so no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hélder Câmara
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
    they're not real aoe games, so no.
    Oh, now I get it. Yeah, a lot of people were not pleased by the changes that came in AoE3 and even less with AoE Online. However, they are both still very successful games. AoE3 is its own game which is why I enjoy it and still play it regularly. However, I, like you, was still hoping for another AoE game that was more along the lines of what they did with AoE2, but now that will never happen thanks to Microsoft.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information