+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    Please note that this is my first set of tutorials that I'm trying to perfect for those whom want to know how I model forerunner. Here are tutorials 1-3 in which I'll clean up with better examples and commentary in the future. My goal is to create a modeling tutorial based on forerunner architecture. This is a basic tutorial for now.

    ---Introduction and Overview of Forerunner Architecture---
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gtrq...feature=relmfu

    ---Basic Layout Design---
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5uk...feature=relmfu

    ---Tools, Techniques, and Application---

    -Part 1-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTstJ...feature=relmfu

    -Part 2-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gR_R...feature=relmfu

    -Part 3-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqPtf...feature=relmfu

    ---Modeling and Texturing the Interior of a Forerunner base---
    (In Progress)

    ---Modeling and Texturing the Exterior of a Forerunner base---
    (In Progress)
    Last edited by PopeAK49; May 30th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.

    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    walk the platypus Cagerrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chilliwack, BC
    Posts
    1,164
    Blog Entries
    15
    Cagerrin is on a distinguished road

    Re: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    I really wish people would stop believing in 30-degree angles on forerunner stuff.



    10-inch units, 1/1, 1/2, 1/3 angles.

    put smarties tubes on cats' legs make them walk like a robot
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3

    Re: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Cagerrin View Post
    I really wish people would stop believing in 30-degree angles on forerunner stuff.
    I really wish you would get good at forerunner. Also using halo 2 as an example of exceptional forerunner architecture lol, because those boxy yellow buildings really looked sooo good~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hélder Câmara
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4

    Re: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
    I really wish you would get good at forerunner. Also using halo 2 as an example of exceptional forerunner architecture lol, because those boxy yellow buildings really looked sooo good~
    He's pretty good. He's not talking about delta halo either btw. Its sentinel wall mission which is decent. But I have to agree that Halo 3 has the best forerunner out of all Halo's.

    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    walk the platypus Cagerrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chilliwack, BC
    Posts
    1,164
    Blog Entries
    15
    Cagerrin is on a distinguished road

    Re: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
    I really wish you would get good at forerunner. Also using halo 2 as an example of exceptional forerunner architecture lol, because those boxy yellow buildings really looked sooo good~
    sorry for not really spelling out everything in 600pt IMPACT so you can figure it out~

    !!

    e: if it helps, I can't even remember a single bit of forerunner you've made that impressed me

    (actually I can't remember a single bit of forerunner you've made, except those pseudo-alpha bits of B40 that were so bad I had to Alt-F4 and shred the .map)
    Last edited by Cagerrin; May 30th, 2012 at 07:48 PM.

    put smarties tubes on cats' legs make them walk like a robot
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6

    Re: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    Quote Originally Posted by Cagerrin View Post
    e: if it helps, I can't even remember a single bit of forerunner you've made that impressed me
    ooOooOOoooOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOOoooOO

    "i dont like ur work" is a brilliant refutation, good job, you've clearly proven your point to be correct.

    Clearly 30/60 degree angles are dumb because they don't use them in halo 2 guys!! This proves it!!

    Do you seriously not understand how fucking ridiculous that logic is?
    Last edited by Rainbow Dash; June 1st, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hélder Câmara
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    walk the platypus Cagerrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chilliwack, BC
    Posts
    1,164
    Blog Entries
    15
    Cagerrin is on a distinguished road

    Re: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    You realise that the line after that was mostly meant to point out that the previous one was me talking out of my ass?

    put smarties tubes on cats' legs make them walk like a robot
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8

    Re: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    Yes. Because posting a picture of simple triangles really tells me why I should stop believing in 30 degree angles. I said 45 degrees is the most common. Did I not?

    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    walk the platypus Cagerrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chilliwack, BC
    Posts
    1,164
    Blog Entries
    15
    Cagerrin is on a distinguished road

    Re: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    30-degree angles aren't used anywhere that I can remember as of Halo 2(and let's face it, H2 refined the architecture to its best form). Mentioning them as if they're used is probably a bad idea since it'll screw up any measurement that follows from the second end of the angle. H2 uses as noted: 10-inch units, 1/1, 1/2, 1/3 angles.

    put smarties tubes on cats' legs make them walk like a robot
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10

    Re: (WIP) Forerunner 101 Tutorial

    Whoops. My bad. I did mumble 30 degree angles. And last time I checked, I never used 30 degree angles! Thanks for finding that error Cagerrin. I will edit it out in the final product.

    Reply With Quote

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts