+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me!

Hybrid View

Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of

Help me!

So. I just installed my new asus "Maximus v gene" motherboard, an i7-2600k, new corsair ram, and a new DVD drive ( one that now uses sata). It loads fine, get no beeps wowed beeps, and I can get into bios. However I cannot load windows. It gets to the loadin point and then blue screens. I didn't do anything to my hard drive that was installed except take out the origional sata cord and plug everything back in. I'm using windows vista x32. Help please? Posting from my iPhone btw.
    "I don't know wtf I'm doing. Zbrush UI is like looking into the matrix."
    Lumoria - Youtube - Portfolio

Re: Help me!

You need to reinstall windows as you have a new mobo (cus of drivers and whatnot).

Why would you want to watch your character get shot by a corrupt US General when you can watch him get eviscerated by an eight-foot alien in purple body armour?

Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of Higuy has much to be proud of

Oh okay, thank you. (time to find the disk lol...)

I actually upgraded my mobo, CPU(+RAM) and GFX card and didn't need to reinstall windows (even though people say that you should start with a fresh system for fresh parts). I guess that you should if having problems with windows boot. Or recreate the MBR.

Thank god I also had got the extra 1TB hard drive along with that stuff. Reinstalling windows and wiping out all my memory would have been a nightmare. Good thing everything's still there... just gotta get everything resituated. At least my computer is 100000x times faster now . You can literally tell that the i7 makes such a huge improvement to what I was using before... a AMD anthlon dual core processor at 2.5ghz.

Quote Originally Posted by Higuy View Post
    Help me!
    NEVAR.

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Hell of a step up there bro, welcome to the glorious Intel CPU master race

I've transferred a hard drive from a socket AM2+ to an LGA1155 mobo without having to reinstall windows/wipe my data. Just wipe the correct drivers first, then do a repair install (also MS provides a utility to "burn" this stuff to a USB drive instead, which is much faster than using a DVD)
    mini ITX build: core i5 2320, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX560 Ti

What? Are you DENSE? Are you RETARDED or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn BATMAN.

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

Wait, you need to reinstall Windows when you get a new motherboard? Really?

...whoops
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information