+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Xbox720/Durango - 2013?

Re: Xbox720/Durango - 2013?

Not to get to off topic, but W8 is an abomination of any desktop OS. I like OSX, but there's only 2 OS's I would invest in for my own personal use, and that would be Linux and OSX, and I don't want to deal with the headache that is Linux.
    DSalimander: i think id be a pretty girl
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy
    I just can't help myself.... I just love Steve [Jobs].... there is just something about him....I like his ways and I think its the jeans and turtle necks he wears and at times stubbles on his face, he appears to be a down to earth guy..... can't wait to see him again!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo003 View Post
    And Masters, I think you're right in saying it's okay the new Xbox is labeled Xbox Infinity. We've had the Xbox 360 for more than half a decade and it's showing some pretty spectacular graphics/processing for such old tech. Look at Halo 4 for instance. Who knows how long the new Xbox will last with today's CPU/GPU/Processor/Graphics technology?
    That depends entirely on if Microsoft wants to take another huge hit like they did with the 360, or be conservative with the hardware.

And the graphics only appear somewhat impressive today because they cut severe corners (loading screens every 10 minutes of gameplay?) and prioritize on areas that get a lot of focus (I need no better example of this than the MC's halo 4 texture.)

And of course everyone with a decent display has probably already gotten sick of the aliasing and shitty texture filtering long ago.

And remember this is all so it can barely hit 30 fps with a 720p native render.
    Last edited by JackalStomper; July 8th, 2012 at 09:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I for one look forward to the time when studios will have no excuse to NOT use DX11.

And GFX doesn't make a game by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post
    Like Korn said, consoles are sold at a loss, and the games make up for the price (as there is an increase in loss on the console, game prices go up every generation)
    uh, I'm pretty sure it was me who said that.

I think Metroid is a pretty cool guy, eh finds missiles and doesn't afraid of anything.

Blog Entries
    Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute Kornman00 has a reputation beyond repute

We have become One, Pooky.

We are Pookman00

Quote Originally Posted by Kornman00 View Post
    We have become One, Pooky.

We are Pookman00
    Click image for larger version

Name:	boner.png
Views:	10
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	2947

"We also tried switching back, but they say we're using too many resources. Fuck them."

Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of Hotrod has much to be proud of

Korn, stop assimilating people into your little Collective, it isn't cool anymore.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight on it? Twin linked :3

Blog Entries
    Phopojijo is on a distinguished road

They prefer to be called Coblective.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornman00 View Post
    Well, I for one look forward to the time when studios will have no excuse to NOT use DX11.

And GFX doesn't make a game by itself.
    Unless that excuse is DX12+, OpenGL equivalent, or some (GP)GPU-accelerated software renderers.

Blog Entries

...have no excuse to NOT use anything below DX11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod View Post
    Korn, stop assimilating people into your little Collective, it isn't cool anymore.
    Resistance is futile

Now, come, join the children of the korn

Blog Entries
    =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute =sw=warlord has a reputation beyond repute

Word up.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information